Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will superchips deliver anything equivalent to the pro racer package for Ford vehicles? Is there anything in the works? I would like complete control of the fuel tables and timing tables, basically tune the car wth a wideband on the street, something that is presently available for ford vehicle through SCT. Unless this type of programing becomes available I think FI is out of the question and the engine is a bomb waiting to explode.

Jason

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
ubeenbit said:
Will superchips deliver anything equivalent to the pro racer package for Ford vehicles? Is there anything in the works? I would like complete control of the fuel tables and timing tables, basically tune the car wth a wideband on the street, something that is presently available for ford vehicle through SCT. Unless this type of programing becomes available I think FI is out of the question and the engine is a bomb waiting to explode.

Jason
Hello Jason,
Soon we will have the application in place for the end user to modify parameters as you mention. Good things are coming, but not soon enough.
It does take time so we hope it will not keep guys like yourself waiting too long.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Please pardon my healthy skepticism here, gentlemen, but we're either observing one of the greater coincidences of the new century or we have a little dog & pony show going here.

Case in point: ubeenbit's first post on the forum - superchip question. Superchips Dodge/Chrysler (new supporting vendor)'s first post, 17 minutes later, superchips answer.

Hmmmm......

If the latter, it is a somewhat clever intro.

But most of us prefer the more straightforward approach.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Superchips Dodge/Chrysler said:
Hello Jason,
Soon we will have the application in place for the end user to modify parameters as you mention. Good things are coming, but not soon enough.
It does take time so we hope it will not keep guys like yourself waiting too long.
I have my order in for the flaspaq and currently running longtube headers so I will sit and wait with the hopes of a tune for the applicaition to follow. I hope it won't be that long of a wait because every day I look at the package I might get the urge to plug and play. I am sure that you have been asked but how long will we wait? Thanks

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Meister said:
Please pardon my healthy skepticism here, gentlemen, but we're either observing one of the greater coincidences of the new century or we have a little dog & pony show going here.

Case in point: ubeenbit's first post on the forum - superchip question. Superchips Dodge/Chrysler (new supporting vendor)'s first post, 17 minutes later, superchips answer.

Hmmmm......

If the latter, it is a somewhat clever intro.

But most of us prefer the more straightforward approach.
You are a clever one Meister. Very intrstng.

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
Only the HEMEEE knows, oh and the NR. Easily verified by IP Address. Very coincidental and maybe a good catch Meister. He's not a supporting vendor though. Next software upgrade here might have spam control.

Rambit

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no pny show

Let me introduce myself. After a couple of years of looking at the 300c I finally decided to buy one. I have a 99 cobra that was supercharged putting out over 500rwhp to the tires and I am in the process of building a turbo system for it. For the mustang and ford's in general the software is out to take complete control of the ecm. I would like to eventually hang two turbos right off the end of the manifolds, but I will not consider it until there is software that allows true custom tuning. Right now I do not even know what DC uses for engine management, it appears to be speed density because I do not see a mass air meter anywhere.

Why is it my first post? Well I am very adept at the use of a search button and most of the answers I could get from the search.

ps. My dates show over 24 hours between post, and for those that do not know or have not seen it, search for superchips custom tuning and what can be done with the Ford ecm. If the same could be done to the DC then I think the higher dyno numbers from FI and more FI options would become available.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Well, I'd have to say WELCOME! You appear to be a gear head like many others and sure to be an asset as time goes on. Happy moddin and roddin.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Rambit said:
...Very coincidental and maybe a good catch Meister. He's not a supporting vendor though. Next software upgrade here might have spam control.

Rambit
Superchips Dodge/Chrysler isn't a supporting vendor here, Rambit?

Click Quick Links > Supporting Vendors > Superchips and see if you don't think so yourself. And there's ubeenbit in the RH column of the Superchips vendor box as I look at just now. (Tho' that will probably change to reflect whoever is the latest posting member on the Supechips thread.)

ubeenbit said:
Let me introduce myself...

...ps. My dates show over 24 hours between post, and for those that do not know or have not seen it, search for superchips custom tuning and what can be done with the Ford ecm. If the same could be done to the DC then I think the higher dyno numbers from FI and more FI options would become available.
Correct you are, ubeenbit. Not 17 minutes, but 24 hours and 17 minutes. Too much smoke from the smoking guns obscured my vision. :)

j/k

Well, with the first of the several eventual tuners due any day now, we're particulary happy to welcome aboard additional members with experience with them, abeit in a different platform. If you say no pony show, no pony show it is.

Welcome aboard! :)

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
Meister said:
Superchips Dodge/Chrysler isn't a supporting vendor here, Rambit?

Click Quick Links > Supporting Vendors > Superchips and see if you don't think so yourself. And there's ubeenbit in the RH column of the Superchips vendor box as I look at just now. (Tho' that will probably change to reflect whoever is the latest posting member on the Supechips thread.)
Ah ha! You're right. He wasn't blue, that's all I knew. Hey, thanks a lot Meister...hehe. How's your Seister?

Rambit

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Rambit said:
Ah ha! You're right. He wasn't blue, that's all I knew. Hey, thanks a lot Meister...hehe...
It's a sad day at the forum folks. :(

Old age is evidently creeping up on our dear friend, Rambit.

He used to do his homework so much better than this. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see the tuners that are coming out from superchips and it appears to be global changes and what I like to term as run of the mill generic tuning. This type of tuning works on a stock car or mildly modified vehicle because most oem vehicles are very repeatable. The downside is you cannot dial in a timing curve or fuel curve for your particular vehicle. I am new here and really I do not know DC like I know the Ford so I may be misled in what the superchip tuner will do. I do see you can update with a download, but my question is what software is generating the downloadable program? Will it be made available to the end user? How much control of the ECm do you truly have?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
ubeenbit said:
(1.) I see the tuners that are coming out from superchips and it appears to be global changes and what I like to term as run of the mill generic tuning. This type of tuning works on a stock car or mildly modified vehicle because most oem vehicles are very repeatable. The downside is you cannot dial in a timing curve or fuel curve for your particular vehicle.

(2.)...How much control of the ECm do you truly have?
1. Agree. That's why I'm contentedly staying with my Stage 2 Jet Chip (supplemented by the GSM ESP/Torque/Fan mod and free access to a starscan whenever needed) for now.

Only my specific mod configuration allows on-the-fly, total, disabling of all traction/torque/esp with a mere flip of a switch. Driveablilty is hugely increased over stock, and power is up nicely.

Take a look here when you have a few minutes: http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=17243&highlight=modding+hemi

2. I'm afraid that the answer to your question is little to none. But that will eventually change. At that point I'm in.

I wish Superchips well in that regard.

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
Meister said:
It's a sad day at the forum folks. :(

Old age is evidently creeping up on our dear friend, Rambit.

He used to do his homework so much better than this. ;)
Oliver Hardy: "Another fine mess you've gotten us into".

Stan Laurel: Looks stupid, sad, begins to weep & scratches his head.

Rambit

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Rambit said:
Oliver Hardy: "Another fine mess you've gotten us into".

Stan Laurel: Looks stupid, sad, begins to weep & scratches his head.

Rambit
Sorry folks, I did not introduce myself. My name is Rob. The Superchips Dodge\Chrysler log in name is a little wierd for me too.
I am part of the Dodge/Chrysler Calibration OEM Dept. for Superchips.
I am here {when time allows} to respond to some of the questions you guys have and get feedback...postive or negitive, things we may incorporate into the product, or a wish list for things to come.
Custom tuning will get done. How extensive is yet to be seen.

More to come.....

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Superchips Dodge/Chrysler said:
...introduce myself. My name is Rob. The Superchips Dodge\Chrysler log in name is a little wierd for me too.
I am part of the Dodge/Chrysler Calibration OEM Dept. for Superchips.
I am here {when time allows} to respond to some of the questions you guys have and get feedback...postive or negitive, things we may incorporate into the product, or a wish list for things to come.
Custom tuning will get done. How extensive is yet to be seen.

More to come.....
Fantastic, Rob. Welcome. :wavey:

You'll find our group extremely eager to realize the gains that a chip tuner can bring.

We're a long way, with the Jet Chips for over a year now and with the initial effort from Superchips, currently in slip mode, from where we eventually wish to be. Hopefully your joining us here can help shorten that timeframe somewhat.

We're very glad you're here. :)

Now, to business: How much of a slip will there be on initial release of the Superchips LX Hemi tuner?

Anything you can address as to why and when the slip decision was made?

Again, we tend to be a bit skeptical here - is it really a slip after all, etc. ;)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
kevenj said:
Meister, forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by "slip" mode?
Ship date from the Superchips factory, Kevin, was in full slide mode when I made that post, hence the use of the word "slip". :)

Latest I've heard is they're now hoping to be able to ship on 2/24.

To their credit they're apparently not shipping a product with major unanswered questions.

Somebody named Gates could learn a thing or 3 from them.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Thanks Meister; I did not realize there was an issue with the 2/15 release date. Hope it's not too much longer as I've already paid for mine:pat:

I hope ordering this and paying for it up front to get the group price isn't going to turn into one of those "lessons learned at a price" for me!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts