Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like to know how many of us with longtube headers purchased the flaspaq. I can't be the only one. This will be hard waitng until a update is at hand. Looking at flashpag sitting there I keep hearing a little voice saying go for it.

problems.problems.problems
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Dont worry!!! u r not alone!!
I have kooks headers and waiting for my tuner.....I plan to install it and then dyno the car to get the A/F reading and make sure I am safe enough!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8 Posts
300c ya,
We were not able to test for headers due to the availability of vehicles we had during testing. No one we tested had them installed.

We will have tuning for vehicles with add-ons as we continue with further testing and updating this product.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Fashpaq

alik2b said:
Dont worry!!! u r not alone!!
I have kooks headers and waiting for my tuner.....I plan to install it and then dyno the car to get the A/F reading and make sure I am safe enough!!!
Hi there, if you download your performance settings to your car from the falshpaq; don't take it to a dealer to dyno it. The reason for this is, if they change anything in the computer in your car after you download the flashpaq; you won't be able to download anything from it again. Go to the flashpaq site, fill out the profile of your car with every modification and it will give you a download of a program specific for your vehicle. I did it for my wife's 300c and it is so awesome that I can not stop smiling. The flashpaq will tell you on the screen during the download if there is any problem and how to correct it right there, it is great.:naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Hmmmm, none of my dealers in town have dynos.... Do they have them where you're at??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
HaTaX said:
Hmmmm, none of my dealers in town have dynos.... Do they have them where you're at??
Fandyfas...thanks for the tip!!
But I will never go to the dealer with the tuner thing.....
I plan to dyno it in a speed shop where they work mainly with mitsubishi rally cars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Superchips Dodge/Chrysler said:
300c ya,
We were not able to test for headers due to the availability of vehicles we had during testing. No one we tested had them installed.

We will have tuning for vehicles with add-ons as we continue with further testing and updating this product.
Thanks looking forward for the update. Please let us know if you need someone with headers I am sure there are plenty of us that would love to help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alik2b said:
Fandyfas...thanks for the tip!!
But I will never go to the dealer with the tuner thing.....
I plan to dyno it in a speed shop where they work mainly with mitsubishi rally cars
Well I couldn't wait..... loaded the 87 tune and set the speed limiter to 165 also adjusted the shift points. I took the C on the expressway for about 125 miles today. You will notice the throttle response is right on and the now the headers are sounding better.. even roar all the way up the gears when you WOT. Shift points alone make the product great. I am sure when the upgrade for headers comes out running the 91 tune it will be a shock it's pretty good as it is with the 87tune.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
i'll have to give it a try. have you noticed anything odd at all since doing this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
seandm said:
i'll have to give it a try. have you noticed anything odd at all since doing this?
There is a tiny slip in the MDS between 55mph and 60mph but it's has to be the MDS kicking in after you come down traveling at high speeds. You can barely feel it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
i have the long tube headers and running the flashpaq with the 91 tune. I have not had any issues as of yet. i haven't tried the 87 tune. The 91 tune so far outways the jet chip big time. i guess with the better shifting and throttle response, my car feels alot more peppier. what are some issues we can run into with the 91 tune and long tubes? iv'e got the charger daytona by the way. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
I too have the Flashpaq and headers but the roads have been wet since Thursday and I've been unable to open it up :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
I have the LT's, Magnaflows, K&N drop in filter. I loaded the 91 tune and reduced TQM, raised Rev limiter. It works great, so far no issues, can't hear any detonation. The car feels fantastic. When I first purchased the car, with traction control turned off it would barely chirp the tires when I punched it from a dead stop. Even after adding the headers and cat back it would do a decent burn out, but nothing compared to now. I loaded the software Friday night, took it out for a quick spin. I punched it from a dead stop and it broke loose all the way through first gear until it hit the rev limiter. This thing is awesome and you couldn't wipe the grin off my face with a hammer. I can't describe the increase in throttle response, it feels like it's a caged animal beating on the bars to get out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Eric300c said:
...This thing is awesome and you couldn't wipe the grin off my face with a hammer...
Happy Happy, Joy Joy :biggrin:

Roads have dried out, temps dropped 20`F, and 91 octane in tank .... Hold On!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Deep Lava said:
Happy Happy, Joy Joy :biggrin:

Roads have dried out, temps dropped 20`F, and 91 octane in tank .... Hold On!!!
Don't take too long now LOL
I wanna hear that its OK .. I mean unbelievablly fast with LT and Flashpaq!!
I am waiting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
alik2b said:
Don't take too long now LOL
I wanna hear that its OK .. I mean unbelievably fast with LT and Flashpaq!!
I am waiting
Unofficial results (stopwatch and car speedo):
0-60 5.12
0-80 8.07
0-100 12.51
0-120 18.53

Air temp 42`F, car temp 203`F, winds light and variable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Deep Lava said:
Unofficial results (stopwatch and car speedo):
0-60 5.12
0-80 8.07
0-100 12.51
0-120 18.53

Air temp 42`F, car temp 203`F, winds light and variable.
Electrical messages in neurons travel about 220 miles per hour--that's 323 feet per second

So basicly it takes about half a second for you to "press" the button down...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Just ordered the Flashpack & I hope they come up with an update for the L.T.s soon, or I might just do what some of you have done & just go for it, hope nothing goes bad.:pat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cruznit said:
Just ordered the Flashpack & I hope they come up with an update for the L.T.s soon, or I might just do what some of you have done & just go for it, hope nothing goes bad.:pat:
So far so good.. but a long tube tune could bring out the optimal performance that they needed to begin with. In our area the temp is around 27 degrees and until the car warms up it has a slight hesitation when taking off but after warming up the hesitation goes away. I never had the Jet Chip and I can't compare it against the Superchip but I have more torque no mistake about that.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
60 Posts
For you guys that are taking the chance, something like this Innovate Motorsports A/F kit may help you to make sure that the tunes aren't leaning you out. My biggest worry is how much you guys might be leaning out. This A/F meter is a pretty cool thing in itself - it's extremely accurate and can easily be mounted anywhere inside the car.

XD-16: "Stand Alone" Air/Fuel Gauge Kit

We do have discounts for the forum members on these gauges, too. If you are interested in them, the promotion code is: HHP3781

Thanks!
Joshua, HHP
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top