Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not gonna be happy campers!!

nope I cant wait to hear all the salesmen reassurance talk Just you wait!!!

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
incremental

10% maximum to be expected.

I did NOT order one. Wanted to see results first.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
That is right in there with the Super Chip, which has been available for more than a year now.

Those numbers may even fall short of the Super Chip's numbers, if the test vehicle had intake & exhaust mods.

(Link to dyno sheet throws an improper pdf format error on my several PCs - can't download the spec sheet.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
ok, Firefox did not like it. Problem solved in IE.

I would like to see the a/f ratio. i wonder if they could get control of the a/f.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Jet chip or SC's Flashpaq

Maybe I'll look for one of those used Jet II's if thats all SC's going get us for the $
Maybe thats why they delayed release. Any thoughts?
And will it help those of us with Air in & out mods?

·
Registered
46 Posts
i waited for superchips and this is all they came with? they way the hype was i thought it was gonna be around 20hp increase. not what i expected but still decent. i think i am gonna go withjets though. cheaper.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
xtmracer said:
i waited for superchips and this is all they came with? they way the hype was i thought it was gonna be around 20hp increase. not what i expected but still decent. i think i am gonna go withjets though. cheaper.

Well keep in mind that graph is showing the results at the rear wheels, not gross......so maybe that is part of the discrepancy.

My main concern was whether the flashpaq will clean up / firm up the shifts and make the autostick function work better. I was assured that it would, and raise the shift points over 1/2 throttle. If this thing makes the tranny work like I want it to, I'll be happy even if there is NO increase in HP or Torque! ... Time will tell I guess...

·
Registered
46 Posts
i never thought about that. i was driving my 300 around yesterday in "stick mode" and the shifts seemed faster on manual. i was play around with this kid in an integra. who ever gets it first let me know how it affects the shift points. thanks guys this site has been a greaT HELP.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Wow.. certainly less than staggering. Maybe I can't do math, but 10% is 34 HP on a C (before the loss)... we're not very close. Doesn't the RAM with the 5.7 gain considerably more than this?? If those are with 91 octane, wonder what a retune of 89 is getting... yikes.

·
Registered
252 Posts
well the HP numbers and torque numbers arent exactly stellar but that is not the only reason i purchased mine. the better torque management and better shift points and also the speed limiter features are more what i was looking for. who knows what they might be able to do down the line after more tweaking. then all we have to do is download the new software updates. i am not worried at all and look forward to getting my tuner :)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
kevenj said:
Well keep in mind that graph is showing the results at the rear wheels, not gross......so maybe that is part of the discrepancy.

My main concern was whether the flashpaq will clean up / firm up the shifts and make the autostick function work better. I was assured that it would, and raise the shift points over 1/2 throttle. If this thing makes the tranny work like I want it to, I'll be happy even if there is NO increase in HP or Torque! ... Time will tell I guess...
The Jet Chip has long since removed all the aforementioned lags for me (essentally all throttle and tranny lag), and moved up shift points as well.

For those not needing to remove the limiters any time soon the combination of Stage II Jet Chip & GSM mod provide a much fuller performance package than the Superchips tuner alone.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sorry Meister..but I have the jetchip2 with volant and borla and the thermostat with the torgue management switch for more than a year now...and I can assure you that there is still a BIG SHIFT LAG at WOT and the only thing you can get from the jetchip maybe is as an increased butt dyno horsepower feeling ....That is my observation of the chip after a hole year of WOT,And by the way, I do not have a speed limiter on my NON-US car
maherm
Meister said:
The Jet Chip has long since removed all the aforementioned lags for me (essentally all throttle and tranny lag), and moved up shift points as well.

For those not needing to remove the limiters any time soon the combination of Stage II Jet Chip & GSM mod provide a much fuller performance package than the Superchips tuner alone.

·
Registered
146 Posts
So, after reading all of the above, there does not seem to be a concensus, although the contributors seem to be leaning to the new tuner.

The other thing that I noticed about the curve is that the entire curve is flatter and higher. That would tell me lower rev umph and more of it too.

Am calling tbyrne in the morning to inquire about price, and delivery. My stock 2006 300c has lag galore. Would like to do something about that...

·
Registered
46 Posts
i dont know about you SRT guys but the 300C does have a good amount of lag.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts