Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been a lot of discussion lately about the possibility that SuperChips will be releasing a 300C/Magnum RT/Charger RT engine programmer. I currently use the FlashPaq for my 2004 Ram.

It offers three tuning levels (Performance, Towing and 87 octane). It allows the rev limiter to be set up to 6,200RPM. When you floor it at idle it revs to the limit you set. Under hard acceleration it won't shift to the next gear until it reaches the RPM you set. It is like having the engine in-sync with your transmission. Hesitation is gone completely. I am averaging 17MPG on the freeway where before 13MPG was the norm. Other added benefits include the ability to read and clear DTCs. When the check engine light comes on you know what it is telling you. If it ain't serious, just clear it and the light goes out.

When this does come to the LX platform you're going to want to pick one up. It makes that big of a difference.

·
Registered
65 Posts
what kind of HP gains do you get? did you dyno it before and after? just curious as i'm lookin to put a comp cam in when the tuner comes out...along with cai, longtubes, and cat-back that i already have

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JP300c said:
what kind of HP gains do you get? did you dyno it before and after? just curious as i'm lookin to put a comp cam in when the tuner comes out...along with cai, longtubes, and cat-back that i already have
I used a butt dyno. Each time I sit my butt down in the driver's seat I can tell there is a big difference. I find the butt dyno to be the most accurate too. Works on hot or cold days and as long as the AC is working on the hot days and the heated seats on cold days, all is good. Humidity is also no concern.

Seriously, no. No dyno. Just being able to adjust the rev limiter and change the transmission programming fixes the lag from the factory.

·
Registered
161 Posts
JP300c said:
lol [email protected]$$ :silly: sounds good though...i'm just anxious to get my hands on one :banana:
On what his butt Dyno..... lol.... :joke: .....just kidding........that chip sounds like a mod everyone is waiting for........ Hopefully one of our supporting venders will have some info for us soon..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts