Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our introductory pricing for the soon to be released Superchips Flashpaqs will be ending on Tuesday, February 28th. This pricing is lower than we are allowed to put in writting so you'll need to give us a call at 1-877-482-9763 to receive a quote. They are working on trying to release these towards the end of this week but that release date isn't firm yet. We aren't charging anyone for their tuner until they are ready to go!

Orders can be placed online when you call the Order Line for pricing.

Have a good day!

·
Registered
63 Posts
tbyrne said:
Our introductory pricing for the soon to be released Superchips Flashpaqs will be ending on Tuesday, February 28th. This pricing is lower than we are allowed to put in writting so you'll need to give us a call at 1-877-482-9763 to receive a quote. They are working on trying to release these towards the end of this week but that release date isn't firm yet. We aren't charging anyone for their tuner until they are ready to go!

Orders can be placed online when you call the Order Line for pricing.

Have a good day!

Do any of these programmers or chips allow you to turn off the Tire Pressure Monitor?

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question! I'm about 99% sure that it doesn't. I'll post back if I hear different. Superchips is still aiming for Friday to be the release date. Not set in stone but they are trying.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Superchips has now posted dyno numbers for their 91 octane tune -

Increased Horsepower and Torque
Internet Updateable
Easy Installation
No Tools Necessary
Improved Fuel Economy
Optimized Driveability
Diagnostic Trouble Code Reading Capability

In addition, part number 3825 provides the ability to:

Update Tuner via the Internet for Latest Calibrations

Enhanced Shifting through reduction of Torque Management

Adjust Shift Points & Rev Limiter concurrently

Adjust Shift Firmness

Select Shifting with Gear Hold (Similar to Paddle Shifting)

Eliminate Speed Limiter

Recalibrate Speedometer for replacement Tire Sizes 17" to 37"

Choose either our 87 octane or 91 octane Performance Settings

The release date is set for February 24th. They hope to have all vendor's orders taken care of by the end of the month!

You can place your order at the discounted price through next Tuesday (2/28).

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Choose either our 87 octane or 91 octane Performance Settings
Does this mean we cannot use the tuner and keep the stock 89 octane? (Or at 89 octane is there no benefit to the tuner?)

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
MrHappy said:
Does this mean we cannot use the tuner and keep the stock 89 octane? (Or at 89 octane is there no benefit to the tuner?)

I was wondering the same thing; I guess I'll know soon (hopefully)!

For what it's worth, I'm almost positive that for my brother's Ram 1500, there were 3 'tunes' available from his flashpaq. I'll have to ask him but I guess that's no guarantee it will be the same for the LX, just an indicator....

I do know that he was VERY impressed by the results, mostly in the torque management and transmission shifting improvements, but he did say it felt quicker too.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I dont know how superchips is adding power to the HEMI, but I think its the same way as they do to the Mustang. Basiclly that extra 8.6 hp you are seeing is from timing advancement thats why they want you to use 91 octane to minimize pinging and detonation. Thus I dont think you will get the claimed 8.6hp by using the 89 octane tune. In the mustang world the tuner is around depending who do you buy it from for $350-$390. In my opinoin is 8.6 HP worth that much, I think not, even the butt dyno wont feel an increase of 10hp. The only people who will realy benefit from these units are:

1- If you are totally stock dont waste your money
2- Guys who are increasing their wheel size and cant match the overall diameter of the stock wheel, their speedo will be off which in turn will affect the shifting point of the automatic trans, will benefit fron this unit by adjusting to the new wheel size.
3- Whenever (far future) available rear end gear ratios ie 3.73 or 4.10, those will need the tuner to adjust for that, otherwise their speedo will be off too.
4- Guys who plan on adding nitrous, supercharger or turbo will benefit from the tuner because they will need the tool to upload their dyno tune onto their PCM for the PCM to recognize the power adder/adjust Air fuel ratios and all other parameters that need to be adjusted when a power adder is being used to prevent engine pinging/detonation and damage.

So if you are totally stock dont waste your money as you wont feel that 8 hp gain.

Finaly the desicion is yours.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 13hp/14.7ft-lb gain isn't as high as we expected but it still isn't to bad. Stock and mildly modified motors will benefit. That is usually what is used when manufacturers do testing for products like this. The other benefits that you mentioned will be helpful along with the reduction in torque management. That is much needed! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts