Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if the Superchips Tuner will actually give us any gains on the dang intakes that we've purchased or is it an over all improvement due to a leaner mixture and timing adjustment?
As for shift points, I thought that Chrysler would already set us at the best shift points. I'm really confused as to what this item will do. Please help.
Thanks,
Bruce

·
Registered
196 Posts
Chrysler will definately not set the shift point to an aggressive setting... they dont want to tune the car just for the spirited drivers... they way the car comes tuned from chrysler is average at best... with the performance upgrades available you can definately bring out the hidden power of the car and make it a much more responsive aggressive automobile.... All cars come tuned from the manufacture for the average driver... most of us here are not average drivers so we modify our beloved HEMI's with the performance mod's available to bring them to life...

As far as what the superchip flashpaq will do, here is a C&P from their site.. I cannot speak for them yet but will defintely give my feedback next week when i get mine...

NEW PRODUCT: 2005-2006 300C, CHARGER and MAGNUM
[SIZE=+2]FIRST TO MARKET![/SIZE]
Introducing the first handheld tuner for the baddest vehicles on the street: 5.7L Chrysler 300C, Dodge Magnum and Dodge Charger. Release all of the ponies inside that HEMI with the new Flashpaq tuner (PN 3825) which provides up to 10% additional horsepower. Additionally, the Flashpaq is internet updateable, allows users to adjust speed limiters, rev limiters and shift points - and takes only 10 minutes to install. By far the best upgrade for your new LX!
Shipping February 15th.
HEMI powered, Superchips tuned.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. So I'm guessing that any mod done to the car already will reap addition benefits to this add. I have the Volant and will admit that it really did nothing on the butt dyno. I also have the Borla and it did very little. Hopefully this mod will not only increase performance on stock cars but also ones like mine. Please share your thoughts.

·
Registered
196 Posts
from what i have heard from more knowledgable guys.... did you pull fuse 11 or disconnect the battery so that the cars computer resets and properly recognizes the mods that you made.. CAI and Exhaust should give you more pep-in-your-step..... you should definately see a difference... IMO i would disconnect the battery or pull the #11 fuse and reset the computer..

Mike......

·
Registered
64 Posts
if I decide to get the flashpaq tuner since I have the jet chip installed should I take out the jet chip out first?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
cirob said:
if I decide to get the flashpaq tuner since I have the jet chip installed should I take out the jet chip out first?
Yes - definitely.

The jet chip "fools" the ECM's reading for temp / air / fuel. The flashpaq will contain different programming maps, depending on what you are trying to accomplish. If you tune for power, the Jet Chip will push the new settings further, resulting in unexpected results such as a too lean mixture. You could damage the engine.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Sc reply

We do not recommend using those inline moduals with our tuning. We are making changes to the spark, fuel and timing maps and do not need to over calibrate these changes for fear of multiping and causing engine and or computer damage.
Ron
:wall:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Testing

Ron, is SC done with testing for the 5.7 hemi? Or Are they still working on other types of programs for dif upgrades (cams, LT headers, etc.)?
Also, any dyno's showing HP gains yet?

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Sc reply

***I wanted to know if the Superchips Tuner will actually give us any gains on the dang intakes that we've purchased or is it an over all improvement due to a leaner mixture and timing adjustment?
As for shift points, I thought that Chrysler would already set us at the best shift points. I'm really confused as to what this item will do. Please help.
Thanks,
Bruce****
The perameters that we are going to change will be the AFR (air fuel/ratio)
advancing timing and a more lean mixture. This is a old hot rodder trick. We generally make 10% more HP and 13%+torque on 91 or better octane fuel with the way we tune. This will improve the performance thoughout the thottle band right off idle to red line. We do give the option to raise the rpm limiter and top speed governers. In the neighborhood of 240+MPH and 200-300rpms depending on application. This will not harm the engine as long as you do not abuse it. As for the transmission we usually firm up the shifts and raise the MPH in which the trans will shift based on throttle position. 1/2 or more in the throttle and it will extend the MPH up to 10MPH more in each gear 1-2,2-3,3-4.
On the Chrysler products there is alot of torque managment in the computer. With our tuning we turn off most of the torque managment. Throttle sensitivity is dramatically better. More of a 1-1 feel. We also give you the ability to use our product to access your computers diagnostics to check for and to clear DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes) by yourself without having to pay someone to use a expensive scan tool that they are making it harder for the normal joes out there trying to fix or diagnois there vehicles.
SO I hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a email or call.
Ron:) :slomo:
[email protected]
1-888-227-2447

·
Registered
22 Posts
RON @ SUPERCHIPS said:
***I wanted to know if the Superchips Tuner will actually give us any gains on the dang intakes that we've purchased or is it an over all improvement due to a leaner mixture and timing adjustment?
Thanks,
Bruce****
The perameters that we are going to change will be the AFR (air fuel/ratio)
advancing timing and a more lean mixture. This is a old hot rodder trick. We generally make 10% more HP and 13%+torque on 91 or better octane fuel with the way we tune. This will improve the performance thoughout the thottle band right off idle to red line. We do give the option to raise the rpm limiter and top speed governers. In the neighborhood of 240+MPH and 200-300rpms depending on application. This will not harm the engine as long as you do not abuse it. As for the transmission we usually firm up the shifts and raise the MPH in which the trans will shift based on throttle position. 1/2 or more in the throttle and it will extend the MPH up to 10MPH more in each gear 1-2,2-3,3-4.
On the Chrysler products there is alot of torque managment in the computer. With our tuning we turn off most of the torque managment. Throttle sensitivity is dramatically better. More of a 1-1 feel. We also give you the ability to use our product to access your computers diagnostics to check for and to clear DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes) by yourself without having to pay someone to use a expensive scan tool that they are making it harder for the normal joes out there trying to fix or diagnois there vehicles.
SO I hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a email or call.
Ron:) :slomo:
[email protected]
1-888-227-2447
ron, whens the real date of release? all we want is honesty. this has happened before, please dont give dates you could never possibly stick to. whens the real release? please.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ron,
Many thanks for the well written answer to my question. Is there any site that I can log on to where I can see the before and after dyno charts? As for the product, anything that we can do to instantly boost 10% hp, without harming the engine, and for such a little cost is certainly a must have. I can't wait to hear the results from other forum members. I'm sure this will be a future purchase for me.
Thanks again,
Bruce

1 - 13 of 13 Posts