Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The 300C/Magnum headers will be released the middle of February but... Dynatech will be having a price increase as of February 1st. So we're running a group purchase that covers all headers that they produce including the 300C/Magnum long tubes. This will not only get you in before the price increase but will also provide you with an additional savings. The prices are lower than we are allowed to advertise but you can receive a quote by calling 1-877-482-9763 or sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Alot of headers will be involved in this GP so please let us know what kind of vehicle you have when you request a price. A total of 10 or more orders will be required by noon (EST) on January 31st for this GP to go through. We will order the first batch of headers as soon as 10 orders come in!

NOTE: The ad above says Magnum but they also fit the 300C. They need to add this to their info :)
Orders can be placed online or by calling 1-877-482-9763.(1-508-636-0770 in MA).

ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-508-636-0770 in MA)
E-MAIL - [email protected]

NEW WEEKLY SPECIALS CAN BE SEEN ON - OUR WEBSITE

·
Registered
31 Posts
How many more signups are needed for the GP to be processed?

Does the FULL kit (the one pictured with cats and head pipes) bolt up to the factory X-pipe? Or is that forfeited in the process?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do you need to do an engine lift, as indicated in the 300C service manual, to replace the OEM pipes with the headers?

If that is the case, seems many DIYers are going to have to take in for the swap.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We just need 3 more orders before the first batch of headers are ordered.

Here are some pictures of the underside of the 300C. The Supermaxx pipes will bolt in at the first set of clamp shown here -

Driver's side manifold from the bottom

Passenger's side manifold from the bottom

I haven't taken a look at the manual to see what it says about installing the manifolds. We have to raise the motor of some of the other vehicles that we install headers on here. That can be done by the home mechanic with a floor jack. Just be careful :) Pulling out one of the motor mount bolts while doing this works well.

These headers haven't be fitted onto an AWD car so I can't say how the fitment will be.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I would be in for these, but my Dad was just laid off of work and I must help him financially. There goes my disposable income for a little while. :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
tbyrne said:
I haven't taken a look at the manual to see what it says about installing the manifolds. We have to raise the motor of some of the other vehicles that we install headers on here. That can be done by the home mechanic with a floor jack. Just be careful :) Pulling out one of the motor mount bolts while doing this works well.
Perhaps you can ask Dynatech for a copy of the installation instructions so that you can inform us of just how involved the swap is. I know it would help in deciding whether to pull the trigger. Thx.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Anyone in California signed up for the group buy? I'd love to get this setup but I don't know what I'd do come smog time. We even have surprise inspections at checkpoints setup at random locations.:eek:

So tempting...

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dyantech says that you won't have to lift the motor to do the install :)

They haven't fit these on an AWD car so they can't say if the headers will fit one of them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd be willing to drive my AWD to you place MA for a test fit, if you're interested.
If it fits, i'll buy it and inform the other AWD customers.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dta316: I will get back to you on this :)

The GP will be wrapping up at noon on Monday (1/31). Just a few days left to take advantage of these prices!

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dta316: We can try the install on your car. You would just be responible for the labor if they don't fit.

Some people have asked about the price increase. That will add about $100. to the regular prices. The complete packages will be going up to $1379.99 on the 1st. The GP will save you ALOT of $ :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
tbyrne said:
dta316: We can try the install on your car. You would just be responible for the labor if they don't fit.

Some people have asked about the price increase. That will add about $100. to the regular prices. The complete packages will be going up to $1379.99 on the 1st. The GP will save you ALOT of $ :)
I appreciate the offer, but after rethinking things; it’s best for me to wait until the folks at Dyantech verify a proper fit. I'll have to deal with missing the "GP" boat.

·
Registered
332 Posts
How much HP increase do you see with this kit and torque of course
Borla has a good looking one.
But i wanna see the real fit on a car.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Any word yet if it will fit the AWD?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Any word yet if it will fit the AWD? I also heard that there is a problem with them fitting the Borla exhaust, true?

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They haven't fit a set on an AWD 300C yet. I'll check on this once in awhile. Waiting for dyno numbers from these. We usually see about 25hp from the Supermaxx headers on other V8 motors like GM's LS1.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts