Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been itching to black-out the trunk, kind of SuperBee'esque on my car for quite some time but never came around to it. I've been searching ALL over for pictures of SOMEBODY who might have tried this and came away with NOTHING. So I bought some plasti-Dip and here she is.. What do you guys think? Yes? No? Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
not really feeling it, but the rest of the car looks good. As always, it's your car, and if you like it that's all that matters.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not really feeling it, but the rest of the car looks good. As always, it's your car, and if you like it that's all that matters.
Thanks for your input. I dont know why, but it looks so much better in person than in the pics. But i guess the great thing is, is that its plasti-dip and i can peel it off in NO time :rocketwho

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
47 views so far, and only 1 guy commented! WTF people lol I guess thats the NICE way of saying "it looks like shit"?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Undecided - looks OK in the first and last picture, but no so much in the others. As you said, though - it looks better in person. Don't think I'll be in Florida any time soon, but I would like to see it - and, as said above, it's your car, and your opinion is the only one that matters!

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
I've looked at it a few times now and I have to say I'm undecided... I kinda like it... just not sure on the wing... maybe if it was dipped as well? I do like it with the wheels... hmmmm... wonder how it would look with the badge done?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not a fan sorry bud, but honestly my style for my car is keep it simple, so it could just be my personal feeling on it kinda thing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Undecided - looks OK in the first and last picture, but no so much in the others. As you said, though - it looks better in person. Don't think I'll be in Florida any time soon, but I would like to see it - and, as said above, it's your car, and your opinion is the only one that matters!
I've looked at it a few times now and I have to say I'm undecided... I kinda like it... just not sure on the wing... maybe if it was dipped as well? I do like it with the wheels... hmmmm... wonder how it would look with the badge done?
Not a fan sorry bud, but honestly my style for my car is keep it simple, so it could just be my personal feeling on it kinda thing.
I see what you all are saying. But i swear when i look at the pics, it looks weird to me. THEN i go outside to look at the car in person and i really love it... Such craziness!

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you did the hood, roof and trunk I think it would flow, but just having the trunk like that makes me think of those cars that have an area with primer on them.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I don't know where I saw it, but someone did the entire trunk lid, the roof, and the hood, and left everything else the OEM color. I thought it was interesting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you did the hood, roof and trunk I think it would flow, but just having the trunk like that makes me think of those cars that have an area with primer on them.
+1

Kinda looks out of place with just that section done, like you're in the process of doing more and haven't quite got round to it yet.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts