Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall reading that the Charger was set up to be a noticeable amount firmer than the 300C due to it's raison d'être to be the sportier alternative; the 300 is the grand tourer while the Charger is the "sports car". Notsomuch, but following along those lines....

What's the actual difference in suspension? Surely higher rate springs. Different swaybars? Different shock tuning?

The reason I ask.....after 6k miles with my car, I'd like it to be a bit firmer. Lowering springs would help but frankly, I'm old and the car already hits the curb if one pulls up too close. :eek:wned:

Any practical experience or should I start pulling part numbers from Mopar's site to see what's what? I'm hoping that a spring swap would do the trick without fooling with the overall balance of the car (it leans even in Sport mode).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you're right. All three use the same P/N for the Mopar lowering springs. Wonder if its worth the hassle to swap to the Charger SKU

·
Registered
456 Posts
Test drive a SRT Charger and see how it feels. In Sport mode it wouldn't hurt to be a little more firm but I appreciate the way it handles the crap roads we have here in the normal setting.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its pretty hard to get a test drive. that said, the reason I'd prefer to swap Charger springs vs. the Mopar lowering kit is because I don't want it a ton stiffer for the same reasons you like it as is.

·
Registered
236 Posts
What is the mopar lowering system and how much is it and how much is involved to install? Also where can I get it from, and is there any better priced but comparable or better systems available?

SRTGR8T
2012 Chrysler 300 Srt8
Exterior upgrades- tinted windows, windshield, and tailights. Painted black top to give appearance of all glass roof.
Interior upgrades- all factory lights changed to blue LEDs, lockpick c8 installed to access DVD while in motion, nav functions, rear camera while in motion.
Performance upgrades-
LMI leg maker true cold air intake, modern muscle 87mm ported factory throttle body, trinity t1000 93 custom tune, magnaflow exhaust, and billet oil catch can.

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
The MOPAR lower lowering system was a set of aftermarket springs, much like the Eibach 1.5" kit. I don't remember if they also offered coilovers. They were a dealer only item but you can get a set of Eibachs and get the same results for a lot less.

Your other options are coilovers and airbags. I have KW coilovers on mine and have been very happy with them.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The MOPAR lower lowering system was a set of aftermarket springs, much like the Eibach 1.5" kit. I don't remember if they also offered coilovers. They were a dealer only item but you can get a set of Eibachs and get the same results for a lot less.

Your other options are coilovers and airbags. I have KW coilovers on mine and have been very happy with them.
What kind of labor is involved with the eibach springs? How much should a shop charge me for labor?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I did the mopar lowering springs on my 12 300srt8. I think that the car feels the same or almost the same in sport mode with the springs. Normal mode it for sure is stiffer feeling. I got the springs for $225 and the shop that installed them charged me $250 to do the lowering. I had them do my wheels and tires as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I did the mopar lowering springs on my 12 300srt8. I think that the car feels the same or almost the same in sport mode with the springs. Normal mode it for sure is stiffer feeling. I got the springs for $225 and the shop that installed them charged me $250 to do the lowering. I had them do my wheels and tires as well.

Thanks my man, that's a sick beast, next u gotta paint that top black...

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
If it feels the same in sport mode, check to make sure they connected your shocks back on correctly. Best way to check is drive over some rougher patches of road and hit the sport button. There should be a noticeable difference in the shock dampening.

Got any more vids of the exhaust? That'll be a mod down the road but I don't want one that is too loud.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You can for sure feel the change when you put it in sport mode. It's working properly just not a huge difference compared to what it drove like with stock springs in sport mode. I thought it would be rougher of a ride so I was pleased that it is still bearable to drive in sport mode with the mopar springs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts