Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've seen some threads about various 2nd Gen clunks...

I've had this car about 6 weeks now - I notice that when I'm backing out of the garage, when the rear tires hit the bottom of the driveway and transition onto the pavement, there's a fairly consistent 'clunk' from the rear. Reminds me of a sway bar end-link clunk in other cars. Maybe it's sway bar bushings?

I haven't looked at the underneefy bits of my car just yet, but wondered if anyone else has experienced something similar? I've got another month left on my complimentary CPO MaxCare plan and wondered if it's worth taking to the dealer...

I assume there's a rear sway bar on these cars? LOL

·
Registered
562 Posts
Could be shock bolts, try giving the lower ones a good tug. Mine were barely a 1/4 turn loose after I installed my springs and they clunked.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've noticed something similar to this except it happens when I'm backing out of the driveway or even a parking spot and turning. Never happens in drive, just reverse and right around the time when it started dropping below 20°. I'm assuming it's something loose. I thought it might have been the cold weather but it's still happening and the temps are around 50°.

·
Banned
294 Posts
I've noticed something similar to this except it happens when I'm backing out of the driveway or even a parking spot and turning. Never happens in drive, just reverse and right around the time when it started dropping below 20°. I'm assuming it's something loose. I thought it might have been the cold weather but it's still happening and the temps are around 50°.
I have noticed this also now that I back into my driveway. Stop on the road, and make a backwards 90 degree turn, and clunk, clunk. Mine is from the front end. Doesn't happen when making a forward 90 degree out of the driveway. Thought it might the tires hitting the inner fender, but it is more of a metal clunk. Going to rotate the tires and do my normal after winter undercarriage inspection this or next weekend. Maybe something is loose.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have noticed this also now that I back into my driveway. Stop on the road, and make a backwards 90 degree turn, and clunk, clunk. Mine is from the front end. Doesn't happen when making a forward 90 degree out of the driveway. Thought it might the tires hitting the inner fender, but it is more of a metal clunk. Going to rotate the tires and do my normal after winter undercarriage inspection this or next weekend. Maybe something is loose.
Yeah, mines in the front also. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts