Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a noob at all of this. I'm looking for a suspension kit that will provide clients with a comfortable ride. Right now, as the driver, I can feel and hear everything that the car comes across on the road. I have a 2007 300C AWD with roughly 98k miles on it and stock suspension. But I'm also a very spirited driver when alone in the vehicle (or with friends). I can no longer travel at higher speeds because I feel like the vehicle is going to lose control. I used to be able to fly at 120 mph (haven't gone faster than this yet) without feeling any change in the steering motion. I'm lucky if I can even go 70 mph now without feeling that change. The only things that have been changed in the front end are the tie rods which were mechanic recommended though not much has changed regarding ride quality. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Do you recommend a full coilover kit? Some have recommended KW Variant 2 though those seem to only be available for RWD vehicles. Moreover, what is the difference between "comfort ride" and "stiff ride"? What are the benefits of "lowering" the vehicle?

What brands are best on (and made for) the AWD vehicle so that the passengers can work on their laptops, etc. without having to be interrupted by each pothole in the road (much like the suspension system on a Lincoln Town Car)?

·
Administrator
13,087 Posts
Rather than coils or shocks, unless you haven't changed them out ever and if that is the case now is the time to do it, look to replacing all the suspension bushings and end links up front and the rear suspension / differential bushings in the back. They are rubber and wear out, impacting the cars handling characteristics.

Most coilover kits and lowering springs sets are stiffer than stock so that's not a good option for you. Stick with the stock suspension, replace your bushings and endlinks, replace the stock shocks and leave the stock springs in place.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
If your used to be happy with the way your car rode and handled, you don't need to modify the suspension, you just need to restore the worn out parts, shocks and bushings as Maddog said. 98K miles is quite a bit especially if the roads traveled are not smooth. If you are replacing all those suspension bushings, you might look at a premium solution such as the Pedders product.

Reactions: metlimos
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.