Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just putting together a list of everything I need to do a major refurb of my front suspension, and have this list:-

MOOG CHTC10135 control arm front axle left upper
MOOG CHTC10134 control arm front axle right upper
MOOG CHLS10132 Bar/Strut: Coupling rod (stabilizer link), front axle left
MOOG CHLS10133 Bar/Strut: Coupling rod (stabilizer link), front axle right
MOOG CHES10101 Outer Tie Rod ends x2
MOOG CHAX10100 Inner tie rod end x2

The following bits are for the US 300C 5.7 V8 (and I assume they'll fit to my CRD?) as nothing is listed for the European 300C on Rockauto.com:-

MOOG K80996 - suspension ball joint (believe these are the two lower balljoints?) x2
MOOG K200171 - stabilizer bar bushing (1 off, believe there are two in the pack)
Mevotech MS25120 and MS25121 - control arm and ball joint assemblies (believe these are the same as MOOG CK620257/8). These are cheaper than Moogs, but apparently have the grease nipple etc unless anyone here knows different...

and that's it. Any input or bits I've forgotten?

JD

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Hi buddy,

The outer TRE are not sided, so left and right are the same. The part number to order is ES3571.

The lower ball joint is not sided, the part no. to order is K80996.

Both these part numbers have grease nipples and are for RWD 5.7, so I believe it will fit the crd model as they share the same suspension components.

The drop links part to order are K80823 (offside) & K80822 (nearside), these have grease nipples too.

Take care when ordering upper A arm, UK/European models have a headlight self levelling feature and the rod attaches to the notch to the offside upper A arm. Some US models don't have this notch but I believe MOOG has as per photos in the how to section but I reckon you should check this against your own research for peace of mind :yup: the A arms are the most expensive and heavy item.

Again take care not to order any AWD 5.7 parts.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Just putting together a list of everything I need to do a major refurb of my front suspension, and have this list:-

MOOG CHTC10135 control arm front axle left upper
MOOG CHTC10134 control arm front axle right upper
MOOG CHLS10132 Bar/Strut: Coupling rod (stabilizer link), front axle left
MOOG CHLS10133 Bar/Strut: Coupling rod (stabilizer link), front axle right
MOOG CHES10101 Outer Tie Rod ends x2
MOOG CHAX10100 Inner tie rod end x2

The following bits are for the US 300C 5.7 V8 (and I assume they'll fit to my CRD?) as nothing is listed for the European 300C on Rockauto.com:-

MOOG K80996 - suspension ball joint (believe these are the two lower balljoints?) x2
MOOG K200171 - stabilizer bar bushing (1 off, believe there are two in the pack)
Mevotech MS25120 and MS25121 - control arm and ball joint assemblies (believe these are the same as MOOG CK620257/8). These are cheaper than Moogs, but apparently have the grease nipple etc unless anyone here knows different...

and that's it. Any input or bits I've forgotten?

JD
Check your sway bar diameter before ordering those K200171 bushings. That number is for the 1.12" bar, the K200170 is for the 1.06" bar. I know because I bought the wrong ones the first time - it will sound as if your suspension is falling off the car!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here are the Moog part numbers that I have ordered:

K620178 upper right side
K620177 upper left side
K80823 sway bar link left
K80822 sway bar link right
K200171 sway bar bushing 1.18"
EV80702 inner tie rod end
ES3571 outer tie rod end
K620257 tension rod front right lower
K620258 tension rod front left lower
K200200 control arm bushing to the shock
K200199 control arm bushing to the frame
K80996 lower ball joint

Only ones that I have not yet installed are K200200, K200199 and K80996. All the other parts have been changed. All of the ball joints have the grease fitting and the upper control arm has the support for the HID self leveling system.

I don't recommend the Moog sway bar bushing. It's way too hard compound and the clunking noise comes back very soon when the bushing gets even harder. Now I'm back to OEM sway bar bushings and they have been quiet for a long time. And they only cost about 10 euros so it's not expensive to change.

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Oh boy - wait til you get to those lower ball joints. I think they took a good 5 years off of my life. Never again. Hope yours go smoother.

And surprised you don't like the MOOG sway bar bushing - that's the first I've heard. I've always been happy with the MOOG sway bar bushings. I like the extra lip on them that holds them in place from sliding up and down the bar inside the clam shell. I've noticed the stock rubber ones deteriorate over time and start to spread out - causing the noise. You sure you got the right size of MOOG's? I know they make 3 sizes.

Good luck with the final pieces! :fing02:

·
Registered
14 Posts
how much did you pay for postage
I haven't ordered all of them by once so I cannot say anything accurate about the postage. RockAuto has quite expensive postage costs but it still get cheaper to order from there than buying something from here Finland. Even that I have to pay the customs and the taxes over them.

RockAuto haven't had all the parts in their inventory so I've ordered some of them from here:
Moog-Suspension-Parts.com - A Dealer of the Federal Mogul Brand of Suspension Parts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh boy - wait til you get to those lower ball joints. I think they took a good 5 years off of my life. Never again. Hope yours go smoother.

And surprised you don't like the MOOG sway bar bushing - that's the first I've heard. I've always been happy with the MOOG sway bar bushings. I like the extra lip on them that holds them in place from sliding up and down the bar inside the clam shell. I've noticed the stock rubber ones deteriorate over time and start to spread out - causing the noise. You sure you got the right size of MOOG's? I know they make 3 sizes.

Good luck with the final pieces! :fing02:
Yep, I've read some horror stories about the lower one. I think that I still might have the originals going on. Now I have 227000 kilometers and the lower ones are probably getting end of their life soon. Did you remove the ball joint without taking the knuckle off? I've read that it could be done without taking the knuckle off by using the C clamp made for Mercedes.

I don't know why the bushings went bad so quickly. It only took 20000km and about six months. I did measure them before installation and they were right size. I don't know why did they go bad so quickly, maybe because of the freezing weather here in Finland had something to do with it, I don't know? But then again, I did some searching from the internet after that one and found from LX Forums that some of the guys there had same kind of experiences. And because the OEMs are so cheap and quick to replace, I thought to go with them.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Sounds like a heck of a job. Getting that balljoint out of the knuckle is not for the fainthearted
and even removing the tension strut has reduced grown men to gibbering wrecks.

Have you got a hoist or a pit or is it a driveway job ?

Good luck and some photos please.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are the Moog part numbers that I have ordered:

K620178 upper right side
K620177 upper left side
K80823 sway bar link left
K80822 sway bar link right
K200171 sway bar bushing 1.18"
EV80702 inner tie rod end
ES3571 outer tie rod end
K620257 tension rod front right lower
K620258 tension rod front left lower
K200200 control arm bushing to the shock
K200199 control arm bushing to the frame
K80996 lower ball joint

Only ones that I have not yet installed are K200200, K200199 and K80996. All the other parts have been changed. All of the ball joints have the grease fitting and the upper control arm has the support for the HID self leveling system.

I don't recommend the Moog sway bar bushing. It's way too hard compound and the clunking noise comes back very soon when the bushing gets even harder. Now I'm back to OEM sway bar bushings and they have been quiet for a long time. And they only cost about 10 euros so it's not expensive to change.
Wow, a few more parts than I was planning on buying! The part numbers I put are apparently for the UK market, is there any difference between these and the US ones? Anyone got any experience with the Mevotech parts?

Going to price up these bits and scare myself....

JD

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, a few more parts than I was planning on buying! The part numbers I put are apparently for the UK market, is there any difference between these and the US ones? Anyone got any experience with the Mevotech parts?

Going to price up these bits and scare myself....

JD
I have ordered all of them from the US and always selected the car as a 5.7 Hemi.

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Take care not to order the 5.7 AWD version parts though, they are slightly different.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eek! That's quite expensive, and the £150 for carriage plus import duty as well is a tad excessive. Is there no-one in the UK that stocks these Moog parts? Could be a business opportunity here....

JD

·
Registered
699 Posts
I've seen some of the moog parts and to be honest I could not see any quality difference between them and what is available in the UK.

if you what grease nipples try these

CHRYSLER 300C 300 C FRONT LOWER REAR SUSPENSION WISHBONE ARM BALL JOINT X 1 | eBay

But I prefer the ones with the hard nylon type gaiters rather than the rubber ones

First Line do anti roll bar bushes which are in between the hard moog and the softer standard type but still have the location lips ( part number is FSK6963K)

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Again, Achilles heel avoid ebay if at all possible :yup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts