Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we drive the car the strut sounds like it is lose or bouncing alittle makes a wierd noise anyone else have this problem we only have 21K on the car cant need to replaced yet!

If this happend or is happening to you give me your thoughts

·
Registered
201 Posts
i got a similar noise, but its almost like something is loose... only when i go over bumps or good ol los angeles pot holes.. and when I am pressing my brake no sound... could it be the brake rotor is moving around? anyone?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man I have no clue what it is the dealer needs to see this I am leaving on the 22's if they give me crap I will ask them why are they selling about 8 of them on the lot with 22's and we will see from there

·
Registered
34 Posts
I Am Currently Dealing With This Problem Also...before You Waste Your Money..i Have Replaced Inner And Outer Tie Rods..front Struts...lower Ball Joints...and Still Have The Loose Rattle!!!...my Mechanic Tore Down My Front Suspension And Re Torqued All Of The Bolts And Still Cannot Find This Elusive Rattle....next I Am Going For The Upper Strut Plates...ill Let You Know How It Comes Out...and Just To Let You Know...almost All Of The Front Suspension Parts Are On Backorder...arghhh!

Other Than That I Really Love The Car!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I Am Currently Dealing With This Problem Also...before You Waste Your Money..i Have Replaced Inner And Outer Tie Rods..front Struts...lower Ball Joints...and Still Have The Loose Rattle!!!...my Mechanic Tore Down My Front Suspension And Re Torqued All Of The Bolts And Still Cannot Find This Elusive Rattle....next I Am Going For The Upper Strut Plates...ill Let You Know How It Comes Out...and Just To Let You Know...almost All Of The Front Suspension Parts Are On Backorder...arghhh!

Other Than That I Really Love The Car!
I wonder if the brakes are rattling. Dove's noise stopped when the brakes are applied. I read another thread where the dealer applied some sealant, or something I can't remember, to the brakes which stopped them from clanking.
The test is to apply the brake with the left foot while driving over the bumpy spots that are causing the rattle.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey Joey, I thought that too, (brake pads loose or worn down) but I opened it up and the brakes are good. its almost like it the calipers need to be adjusted to be closer when no brake is applied. I am assuming it is not a big deal for my end because its gotta be having to do with the brakes. I am going to lift the car up and see if I moved the tire does the rotor move? I have a feeling it is the rotor that moves on bumps. It is kinda loose when i had the tire out and plays a little back and forth. would make sense since i press the brake it compresses on the rotor.. NOT SURE

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Hey Joey, I thought that too, (brake pads loose or worn down) but I opened it up and the brakes are good. its almost like it the calipers need to be adjusted to be closer when no brake is applied. I am assuming it is not a big deal for my end because its gotta be having to do with the brakes. I am going to lift the car up and see if I moved the tire does the rotor move? I have a feeling it is the rotor that moves on bumps. It is kinda loose when i had the tire out and plays a little back and forth. would make sense since i press the brake it compresses on the rotor.. NOT SURE
Something related to the brake assembly must be making the noise if the noise stops when the brakes are applied.

Our brakes have anti-rattle clips. Maybe these need replacing.

The arrows pointing to #3 are the anti-rattle clips on our brakes.
How to do a Brake Job on an LX * - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good info guys! Thanks for posting I will try the brakes tonight over bumps and hopefully that is the problem

·
Registered
203 Posts
Let us know how you make out. I have the same screnching(if that's a word) noise when i go over bumps or pull out of my driveway. Sounds like I'm in need of a Lube job.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Noise Is All The Time...not In The Brakes...but However I Did Have The Rattle In The Brakes As Well...all It Is , Is The Pad Is Moving Aroung When You Hit A Bump...i Put New Pads In And It Was Corrected...sounds Like A High Pitch Tinny Rattle...i Think You Can Bend The Tabs As Well To Correct It...mine Is Definitely Suspension...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried the brakes over bumps and it is still there it really sounds like the struts are bottoming out or something is lose! Any more ideas???

·
Registered
201 Posts
well i fixed my problem. All i did was take off the brakes and remove the anti rattle clips bend them a little more to sit better on the brakes and as of right now NO NOISE!!! YES!!! it really sounded like something was broken under my car and on bumps moving around and rattling.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mallard

I have the same problem. Someone had posted about changing the struts but to my knowledge never said if it fixed the problem. It is my guess that the struts need to be other than Mopar. Any thoughts?

When we drive the car the strut sounds like it is lose or bouncing alittle makes a wierd noise anyone else have this problem we only have 21K on the car cant need to replaced yet!

If this happend or is happening to you give me your thoughts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone out there?

Sure wish someone would have an answer.

quote=Mallard;649583]I have the same problem. Someone had posted about changing the struts but to my knowledge never said if it fixed the problem. It is my guess that the struts need to be other than Mopar. Any thoughts?[/

·
Registered
140 Posts
I only have 2,200 miles and have the same noise. Sounds like the struts are loose. I had heard that guys that replaced their struts took care of the problem.

Incidently, I purchased a new Charger sxt ' 3 weeks ago and it is solid as a rock up front....it'll be interesting how the dealer handles it...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im having the same problem with mine, car drives fine and handles fine for the most part, but when i hit small bumps, potholes etc. I get this rattling sound like all of you that sounds like the struts are loose or the mounts are bad. I planned on replacing the struts and the mounts.

Has anyone had a clear solution yet?

How much can you get struts and mounts for? I heard KYB offers them now? Any idea on price ? Do I have to order direct from KYB?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone try replacing the struts??? I am dropping this at the dealer this week so they can look at it!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts