Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 SRT8 with about 85,000 miles. Recently I have been having some noise out of the front right side. I took it to Dallas Dodge and Rockwall Dodge and they said nothing was wrong and I couldn't reproduce the sound. After a while it was driving me nuts so I started replacing parts that I thought it could be. I have replaced struts, tie rods and motor mounts. Today I found out that if I made a hard brake I could hear the sound. So I recorded it and hopefully I can get some help from someone.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Try posting one more time...I think you need 5 posts to put videos on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
PHP:
<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-eW8iSwIwkE?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-eW8iSwIwkE?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
When at the youtube page, just copy the www.address and paste it. As for the sound, is it like a creaking? That's what I hear, but haven't heard on my car, just clunks. Have you jacked the car up and tried to move the wheels? I think it's-side to side/tierods, up and down/ball joints. G/L

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can hear a noise over small bumps after you have been over a few speed bumps or have been braking hard. Once it starts it gets louder. In the morning it will not do it until you have brake hard a few time or going over big bumps like speed bumps.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Have you tried lubricating the anti roll bar bushes ?

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
I've had 2 SRT 8's & they both made a noise , nice & easy to do & only costs time

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea. I have been trying to fix this problem for a while. I almost gave up and got a new camaro but I'm a college student and don't want to be stuck with payments for 6yrs. My 300 is almost paid off.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
2 small bolts to remove the heat shields then 2 bolts ( one either side , sorry cant remember the size) to remove the bush plate then just remove lubricate the anti roll bar & refit . Jack the front up to remove tension from the bar? You could wrap the anti roll bar in ptfe tape where the bushes go

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
I hope you're not skipping class ! Lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No class today and I'm off of work. I have been taking my car to a local shop with an air lift since the car is so low and it's hard to get floor jack under the car. What's your method?

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Low profile jack or a scissor jack to lift it up so that a normal jack will fit , did it work ???

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Did it cure it ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts