Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gents / Ladies

I have recently I have discovered that when turning right and going over a slightly rough road that I am getting quite a horrible knocking/ grinding noise.

Yet when in a streight line it all seems OK, even if I hit a pot hole.

Any ideas ??

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
could be the brake disc guard catching the disc???,if it is rip em off.....

·
Registered
980 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
I had the exact same, not much in the way of knocking but more of a grinding sensation especially under lock. It was the offside Tension strut. The ball joint side had gone and you could twist the arm by hand.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Booked in on Tuesday, so I will let you know the outcome. Where is the best place to get spares or parts ?

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,609 Posts
Sounds like mine. If you reverse on a tight lock what does it sound like then?

So far I've replaced anti-roll bar bushes, drop links and steering track rod ends. Each step it's got better but not completely fixed yet. Next steps are the Tension struts when my new ball joint splitter arrives and after that the bottom arm will get Pedders bushes and a new ball joint!

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
Sounds like mine. If you reverse on a tight lock what does it sound like then?

So far I've replaced anti-roll bar bushes, drop links and steering track rod ends. Each step it's got better but not completely fixed yet. Next steps are the Tension struts when my new ball joint splitter arrives and after that the bottom arm will get Pedders bushes and a new ball joint!
Sounded almost like a grinding noise, sort of bearing/or pad/disk binding.

Don't you can replace the ball joint on a tension strut as they're integral.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Arh yes, had a look at a certain web site and found the whole range of things that I will probably need.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, this shows how good my hearing is, it was actually coming from the back of the car. My wife says I am an idiot !! Still the good news was nothing wrong with the front suspension or the caster arms or bushes, all good and sailed through the MOT while it was there.
Car back in today but took the mechanic out last night who confirmed it was coming from the rear of the car and sounded like either the suspension has leaked or a spring might have broken, so will let you know what they find.
Sorry Simon / Tim but need the car back ASAP so he will be supplying the parts this time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts