Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this weekend, I put SRT8 shocks and springs on the front of my "C", along with inner & outer tie rod ends, sway bar end links and Moog sway bar bushings. My outer tie rod ends were bad, and allowed an inch or so of movement side to side in the wheel. In fact, when I'd hit the brakes at highway speed, the wheels would shake back and forth like my rotors were WAY out of round. So I spent ALL day Saturday changing parts, and got an alignment Sunday. No more issues with the wheels shaking back and forth with braking - but I now have a very loud knocking sound on both sides whenever I hit a sharp bump. To the point that it sounds like the suspension is going to fall out of the car!

Since it's in both sides, I figure I couldn't have made the same mistake on both sides - so it must have something to do with the sway bar. I found out by reading Fisch's Moog sway bar replacement how-to that there are 3 different bar sizes, so I'm hoping that's the issue. I'm going to disconnect the sway bar (as soon as it quits freaking raining!) and see if I still have the noise. If anyone has any thoughts - please speak up!

After I get this issue resolved, I'm going to install the SRT8 rear springs & shocks, along with new sway bar bushings. I'm having trouble finding any info on the rear R&R - can anybody chime in on how big of a job that is? I assumed they were like the fronts, but I see in the repair manual that the springs and shocks are separate in the rear. I don't have to drop the cradle I hope!

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Sorry to say that the rear cradle is coming down pal! However it's pretty straight forward and will be over quick... just try and keep the cradle square as possible. You may need to drop the rear exhaust ad well, some people get away with just popping the rear hangers and there is enough clearance. It's really not a tough job and she shouldn't need aligned our anything silly after. ;-) BTW... if you don't want the raked look anymore leave one set of isolators out of the springs, level her up!

As for the knocking... I think sway bar as well... :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts