Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have The 5.7in My 06 300c, I Have Alot Of Mods But Still Want More Power, Iv Been Thinking About Swaping My 5.7 For The Srt 6.1 Motor, Has Anyone Done This Yet, And Does Anyone Know Where To Purchase The 6.1 For The Best Price, Or Would It Cost Less To Trade In And Just Purchase The Srt....

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Better to trade up to an SRT! Ask me how I know...
keep all your mods and sell or transfer over to SRT, I did. Even if you look at a used SRT, it would make more sense.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Better to trade up to an SRT! Ask me how I know...
keep all your mods and sell or transfer over to SRT, I did. Even if you look at a used SRT, it would make more sense.
Traitor!:)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Someone on the other forum swapped the 6.1 into his rt magnum. It can be done, but would probably benefit more from just buying the car.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i was thinking about swapping the engine too, then i saw that the 6.1 engines were around 8 grand for a used one, and installation would have a been a lot. for about 6-8 grand alone you can upgrade to a nice 06 srt-8, depending on how much you get for you 300c. thats my plan over the summer.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
midnightsun, you know what would be great?! if the 6.1 would match up to the transmission in our AWD c's.... Drool...
You know...I almost pursued this but figured once I was into it that far I would probably want to upgrade past the 6.1 anyway. I originally wanted the SRT8 AWD but alas the salesman said it wasn't made. Probably not a big market but they would have sold at least one and maybe two judging by your comments.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The 6.1 crate motor has dropped in price. But I would just go with a 392 stroker, that would be the set up. trust there isn't an SRT with bolt on mods in the country that would compete with that.
I agree!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey guys, you know that if you want to upgrade to a new motor you don't have to spend 8 -9 grand on a basic stock 6.1?

why not do a stroker or something like that from PPP or anyone that does it.. thats what i am doing..

if i am not mistaken PPP has a sale right now on 392 stroker motors. also mopar sells 6.1 blocks for a grand bare blocks and alot of the parts from your 5.7 will bolt right up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I put a SRT-8 drive train (engine, trans., suspension, brakes, etc.) into my Charger and it went pretty smooth. The big thing is to do the research up front. I was able to get the complete drive train from a friend of mine as a package which was the eng., trans., and frt and rr modules which made it much easer to do the swap.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
392 currently in stock : )

Have a great day!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts