Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300c 2005 5.7 hemi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i noticed the 06 engine has different coil packs and less spark plug wiring, so my question is can i just use the valve covers and coil packs and put them on the new 06 engine. also is there any other parts that aint compatible with the 05 car and its pcm? my car is a 2005 chrysler 300c with the 5.7 hemi.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You could just swap the stuff from your old engine to make it simple.
I would rather find a way to run the new stuff. But I don't know if you would need to swap the pcm and whole harness.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300c 2005 5.7 hemi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, Thanks for the quick reply Jasper, i'll go ahead and buy the new engine then and use the old valve covers and coil packs, i allready took out all the accessories from the old engine removed every single bolt, i only need to remove the oxygen sensors on the exhaust manifold for clearance then the old engine is coming out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
When I pulled mine, I left the o2 sensors installed in the manifolds.
I will say, pay very close attention to the brake lines on the passenger side of the engine, during removal and installation.....

·
Registered
300c 2005 5.7 hemi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i'll do that, also the reason i have to remove the o2 sensors is because i could'nt unplug the o2 sensor connector on the drivers side it's stuck really tight, so i'll have to disconnect it when the engine is removed, and it does give me maybe an inch or two of extra clearance.
Is there anything else i should keep in mind? Any tips would be highly valued since this is my first time replacing an engine.

·
Registered
121 Posts
These are probably the easiest engine I've pulled.

·
Registered
300c 2005 5.7 hemi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only thing i had problems with was the drivers side exhaust manifold rubbing against the ac lines and the passenger side manifold against the wiring harness, it was a really tight squeeze and fortunately i didn't break anything, oh and you were totally right the o2 sensors were not in the way at all, i wouldn't have gained any extra clearance by removing them.

How difficult was it to install the new engine? i'm thinking it's gonna get hairy.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would say the way back in is more finicky. The studs coming out of the exhaust manifold try to grab everything. Lol

·
Registered
2005 300C
11 Posts
i noticed the 06 engine has different coil packs and less spark plug wiring, so my question is can i just use the valve covers and coil packs and put them on the new 06 engine. also is there any other parts that aint compatible with the 05 car and its pcm? my car is a 2005 chrysler 300c with the 5.7 hemi.
you can use the 06 coils to get rid of your spark plug wires, you will need to swap your valve covers as the coilpacks will not bolt to the 05 valve covers. You will need to run your 05 engine harness and ecu to get everything to talk properly, some pins in the engine/ecu harness are not in the same pin location and will cause all sorts of issues for you should you try to run it otherwise. This also means you will need to either cut the 06 harness for the coilpacks and rewire your 05 engine harness to accept the new piggybacks or buy a kit somewhere that will basically just be extensions with plugs from the stock harnesses to allow your 05 harness to plug to 06 coilpacks/delete spark plug wires. There will be some sensors throughout the 06 engine that wont accept the 05 harness plugs, cant remember all off the top of my head but all of the i fo is available with some google searching. Hope it helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts