Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to swap the door and deck speakers with some high sensitivity aftermarkets to see what I can get out the system. Has anyone done this yet? I asking because Crutchfield shows we need a 6.5" speaker in both location but people here say we need 6X9s. Anyway any kind of help would be appreciated. :eek:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do a search on speakers. There are several posts. From what I have read in the forums, the door speakers should be easy to do. The rear speakers seem complicated if you have the safety II group.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Search for the Dash Speaker install thread. This upgrade is not worth it without eventually adding an aftermarket amplifier. The stock amplifier lacks the power to properly power aftermarket 6x9s up to par. For some it may sound better. Others may know better.

IMO its not worth it, wait until you add an amp.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Rogue is 100% right... sorry I didn't listen to you before ;) I still went ahead and decided to try the 6x9 with the stock amp... hmmm a no no :( it sounds the same as before...

I went with the Pioneer 2 way
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4067_35015,00.html

put them against any set that cost $300 and you can not tell the difference... I had great results with the 6x8 i put in my Mazda so that is why I decided to go with this ones for the 300.... but the stock 380watts amp that came with the car does not even move them :( I still have the punch 400x4 that I had in the mazda... for now I just have no clue how Im gonna install it since I have the Nav... rogue, any ideas? did you have the nav as well??

well, msrp says $220, i got mine locally for $120... Im sure you might do even better online... good luck...

rogue, how much dynamat (or damping material) did you use for your trunk? i ended up using 40 square feet :eek: and there was still some empty spots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts