Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Tried PM'ing this twice with no response so I'll post here and see if I can get an answer from Grip or another forum member that's installed their grill.

I purchased my brilliant black pearl srt8 used with a color matched E&G Classics vertical billet grille that has peeled all to hell. I couldn't take it any longer and ordered a color matched Grip with the black mesh from bill over at c/3 and maybe it will arrive before too long...

Anyway, I was looking thru the installation pdf on the E&G to see how it was installed and noticed on step 10 they have a template for 1/8" holes drilled in the bumper cover to secure their lower mounting studs. Step 11 they have the top and side factory grille holes enlarged to 3/8" using 8-32 esna lock nuts and black plastic washers.

My question is will this effect the installation of my new Grip? Will I need to enlarge the Grip holes or reuse the E&G bolts? Any extra parts I need to purchase to make this work from you guys or at the local autostore? I'ld just rather have all the stuff in hand to be able to do the installation than come to a roadblock with everything apart. Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I too had trouble with aftermarket grills fitting the Grip front end. The problem was always the grill. The E&G does NOT use OEM mounting holes for thier product I went to the Grip mesh grill and it has really grown on me. I havent figured out how to post pics but if you would like to see the Grip unit on my car email me at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I'd use the stock screws, and maybe use a washer between the screw and the now enlarged hole on the fascia to compensate. You'd probably want to use the stock screws for our grille, as thats what they are made for. You could always drill out the hole a bit if necessary. I'd probably try the washer route first.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd use the stock screws, and maybe use a washer between the screw and the now enlarged hole on the fascia to compensate. You'd probably want to use the stock screws for our grille, as thats what they are made for. You could always drill out the hole a bit if necessary. I'd probably try the washer route first.
I don't have the stock screws since I bought the car preowned with the E&G on it. Anyone know the size of stock grill bolts and nuts or better yet part #'s at an autoparts store like autozone? Or...if I drill the holes larger would this impact the strength of the grill?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts