Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

To avoid any further (preventable) issues, I have just fitted the swirl motor emulator. Took about 10 minutes. Thanks to the custom300Cshop !

Attachments

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Did you notice any signs of oil leakage in the vicinity? Probably a good idea, nonetheless. I carry an emulator in the car, just in case. I also carry a spare exhaust gas pressure sensor, having had two fail in fairly quick succession.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The red bit was very wet with oil and it would have been only a matter of time before some oil would have dripped down. The intake hose was replaced by a chrysler dealer when I first bought the car second hand some 6 years ago.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the subject of preventable issues, have you fitted the Alternator shroud: Linky
No I haven't actually. I bought it a long time ago, but had a lot of problems trying to get it on. There must be a specific way of doing it.
Anyone know how to fit it? Pictures maybe?

·
Registered
652 Posts
No I haven't actually. I bought it a long time ago, but had a lot of problems trying to get it on. There must be a specific way of doing it.
Anyone know how to fit it? Pictures maybe?
From what I remember you need hands/fingers the size of a child but with the strength of an adult (I did mine from above).

This thread has pics that'll explain what you're aiming to achieve:

https://www.300cforums.com/forums/crd-electrics-electronics-lighting/80691-alternator-shroud-6.html

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have just completed my first long drive with the swirl emulator fitted.

Just like every other year, I drove back from Limoges (France), some 520 miles.
I can confirm that the fuel consumption has remained virtually unchanged, maybe every so slightly improved (61 litres vs. 63 litres).
No change in performance that I could detect.

Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I think the purpose of the swirl flaps is to optimise combustion efficiency under idling conditions and keep emissions within spec. I doubt if they have much effect when the engine is developing significant power. Fortunately, the MOT test doesn't check (at least at the moment) for CO2 and NOx emissions. 38 mpg over 520 miles looks good and I assume you weren't dawdling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts