Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Swirl emulator fitted!

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  feichter 
#1 ·
Hi All

To avoid any further (preventable) issues, I have just fitted the swirl motor emulator. Took about 10 minutes. Thanks to the custom300Cshop !

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I have just completed my first long drive with the swirl emulator fitted.

Just like every other year, I drove back from Limoges (France), some 520 miles.
I can confirm that the fuel consumption has remained virtually unchanged, maybe every so slightly improved (61 litres vs. 63 litres).
No change in performance that I could detect.

Hope this helps someone.

#8 ·
I think the purpose of the swirl flaps is to optimise combustion efficiency under idling conditions and keep emissions within spec. I doubt if they have much effect when the engine is developing significant power. Fortunately, the MOT test doesn't check (at least at the moment) for CO2 and NOx emissions. 38 mpg over 520 miles looks good and I assume you weren't dawdling.

#9 ·
Sorry, just seen your reply devilmaycare!
No, I wasn't dawdling, in fact I got a speeding ticket courtesy of the French police.
The ticket arrived by post to my home address here in the UK.
I got clocked doing 138km/h. That is 1.5 km/h over the speed limit (plus 5% tolerance i. e. 130+6.5=136.5).
However, they make it easy to pay online and it is (only) euro45.00!!

MOT and service next month. Wish me luck!

#10 · (Edited)
DVLA are very helpful in providing addresses to EU authorities, but I'm not sure if this is reciprocated. I collected a parking ticket in Germany over 30 yrs ago, but never heard any more about it.
Were you offered a Driver Awareness Course as an alternative? That would have been quite expensive, if only for travel costs.
You shouldn't have any MOT problems, as it only tests for smoke and I doubt if this is affected by swirl valve operation, but please let us know the outcome.

BTW, still haven't needed to fit my emulator.

#11 ·
There is no driver awareness course option in France and also no record on my licence.
Points are not being transferred over to the UK since France has a different system.

There are tiers for speeding fines:
€45.00 up to 20km/h over the limit and then €135.00. These fines apply for fixed and hand-held speed traps.

However, if you get stopped and are more than 40km/h over the limit, then it's a different ball game (car impounded, hefty fines, court, etc).

A friend of mine coming back after new year, got two tickets!

One has to be very careful now... or it could get costly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.