Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I was wondering if switching to a dual exhaust from a single exhaust will over exhaust an engine and make it lose power, I hear that it supposedly gives it top end power but I hear straight from Blastin Bob that you should not do that because it makes it slower...

also, if you put a CAI, is it true it messes up an Oxygen sensor in the car's computer and causing mileage to decrease?

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Hello everyone, I was wondering if switching to a dual exhaust from a single exhaust will over exhaust an engine and make it lose power, I hear that it supposedly gives it top end power but I hear straight from Blastin Bob that you should not do that because it makes it slower...

And that's why BB doesn't sell dual exhausts for the V6's?

also, if you put a CAI, is it true it messes up an Oxygen sensor in the car's computer and causing mileage to decrease?
NOT!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He sells dual exhausts, but I mean switching to an X pipe, he uses Y pipes for his conversion kits..

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Im really looking into a blasting bob resonator delete and just changing to a flowmaster, because I like the name, yes, because I like the name.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a flowmaster 44 series and a reso delete and I didn't notice a loss of power. I will say this though. The car was made with a single exhaust for a reason.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
IMO, and from profesionals, any "loss" of power will be negligible and unoticeable. if anythin, duals, will increase your mpg

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Increasing HP makes you get better gas mileage?

Thats a new one to me.
Increasing net horsepower/torque by reducing exhaust back pressure increases power available to the drive wheels. Reduction of gas mileage may result due to using the increased power to the wheels more aggressively.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That was exactly my point, just without stating it that way.

Now theoretically speaking. If you lose tourqe and gain HP you will have your foot deeper in the gas pedal to achieve "movement" so to say.

On these car's the difference is hard to notice. I barely noticed any difference.

But to each there own of course. I support anything as long as it doesn't involve vinyl stickers and or neon lights LMAO! :biggrin:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Many over at the Charger forum have installed the RT dual exhaust on their
3.5L and have not had any issues. All seem to be very happy with the change.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts