Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, guys here it goes. im upgrading my current system (JL audio 10"w6v2, Rockford fosgate 600watts, kenwood Kac 8300 75watts x4, avic Z2, door speakers 6.5 infinity kappa). the headunit is staying but am upgrading to 2 jlaudio 12"W6v2 (400 watts RMS). the door speakers are being upgraded as well to 6x9 jl audio but a t a later time. however i was thinking the following for the amps. 500/1 or 1000/1 for the subs. i want only one amp for the subs. and switching the amp for the doors an rear to another JL am. i was thinking the 300/4, 450/4 or the A6450 series. now the A6450 kicks out 70watts x 6 and the 300/4 does 75 watts x4. so wouldnt it be better is i go with the 65 channel. now the 450/4 is much stronger like 110watts x 4. now for the issue. i was thinking about adding a crossover so i could control the front bass and highs. i know these mono amps have a bass know. but at times i like to play my music nice and low but with real deep bass. meaning i like to raise the base and i know it can be control with the base know. but at the same time i wont be able to add abit of the mids and highs because i cant control them. and there are the time i like to shake the people arround me and for that i would turn the base down alittle and jack up the volume on the whole system. and of course i would have to control the mids and highs. so what do you guys thinks. should i addd a front crossover like the clarion (just as an example) and can you guys reccomend something? thankx a bunch and sorry for the long winded post but i had to explain my current set up, tell you my intended upgrade and the different ways i like to listen to my music. and i believe thats the critical part.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
ok, guys here it goes. im upgrading my current system (JL audio 10"w6v2, Rockford fosgate 600watts, kenwood Kac 8300 75watts x4, avic Z2, door speakers 6.5 infinity kappa). the headunit is staying but am upgrading to 2 jlaudio 12"W6v2 (400 watts RMS). the door speakers are being upgraded as well to 6x9 jl audio but a t a later time. however i was thinking the following for the amps. 500/1 or 1000/1 for the subs. i want only one amp for the subs. and switching the amp for the doors an rear to another JL am. i was thinking the 300/4, 450/4 or the A6450 series. now the A6450 kicks out 70watts x 6 and the 300/4 does 75 watts x4. so wouldnt it be better is i go with the 65 channel. now the 450/4 is much stronger like 110watts x 4. now for the issue. i was thinking about adding a crossover so i could control the front bass and highs. i know these mono amps have a bass know. but at times i like to play my music nice and low but with real deep bass. meaning i like to raise the base and i know it can be control with the base know. but at the same time i wont be able to add abit of the mids and highs because i cant control them. and there are the time i like to shake the people arround me and for that i would turn the base down alittle and jack up the volume on the whole system. and of course i would have to control the mids and highs. so what do you guys thinks. should i addd a front crossover like the clarion (just as an example) and can you guys reccomend something? thankx a bunch and sorry for the long winded post but i had to explain my current set up, tell you my intended upgrade and the different ways i like to listen to my music. and i believe thats the critical part.
didn't see this before answering the other post.....

if you use the / series JL's you won't need a crossover as they have
a lot of built in signal processing already. And, you may not need
the 6 channel.

You could get away with a single 300/4 for all of your mains. The
advantage of the 6-channel is you have separate channels for
the dash.

If you are going that far, why don't you do the following:

300/4
component set of your choosing
6x9 in the rear
1000/1
the 12w6v2's you mentioned

You could place the tweeter in the dash and mid in the door. It
would work really well (that's how I'm set up).

JL makes fine components if you want to keep it all JL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts