Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is a new company out there making mufflers. The company name is T-Phlo, they are box mufflers and I have seen a couple guys I follow on Facebook running them. The company doesn't even have its website up yet, but they are on Facebook and I PM'ed them about their mufflers. They only have 1 video of them on a Hemi. BUT the video shows them replacing the stock resonators and leaving the stock SRT8 suitcase on. Not great quality as I really cant hear it all that well.

Anyone out there hear of them? Or perhaps running some? Its pretty aggressive sounding, sounds really good on the Vettes I have found videos of. They offer 2 types of mufflers...

I was thinking of trying some with my SRT headers and blastin bobs kit with glasspack resonators...may be pretty loud though

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thinking about it....depends on price of mufflers really.

And I gotta get this crap I got laying around painted first!!!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what you are saying......

Anyway I contacted the guy again on facebook. They have a video of a srt8 challenger but havnt put it up yet. I also asked about pricing for a couple mufflers, he didn't answer that.....

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
So basicaly your piece mealing this exhaust together.... i know i know corsa/zoomers are too expensive..but i just don't know about going this rought..your putting all this money into the car just to scrimp on the exhaust...Me personallt i wish you would just wait and get your current mods done first then do the exhaust...0.2c

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So basicaly your piece mealing this exhaust together.... i know i know corsa/zoomers are too expensive..but i just don't know about going this rought..your putting all this money into the car just to scrimp on the exhaust...Me personallt i wish you would just wait and get your current mods done first then do the exhaust...0.2c
Hmm, at first I was thinking why does he seem so irritated (hard to read someones text) but then I realized it. Your waiting on your bumper!! LOL Don't worry, I have been real busy and going to go to a couple places tomorrow...itll be done before I drop another dime on anything else...well except tint, that gets done Thursday....

But piecing it together, well its tough with this new muffler. Reason being is they have no website up and being a new company they don't have many kits made up. I have only contacted them on Facebook because I am not very serious about buying anything yet, when I get serious about something I place calls.

I want resonators because I do use the MDS and will continue to do so as long as it is my daily driver. Yes I could go with the stock resonators but I feel it may quiet it down a little to much. First things first though, I want to hear this video he says he has, that will determine if I really want them or stick with my original plan.

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
I'm sorry if i came accrost as being mad or anoidand the bumper never crost my mind ,i'm not trying to talk you out of giving up mds or this exhaust.. i just think you should wait till you can focus all your attention on it is all what you here in clips isn't always what you get..( boy do i know that) I guess i 'm stickin my nose where it don't belong here. and i'm sorry for that.
Shane

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your good. Problem is they offer 2 types of mufflers, and the one on the Challenger he says he has a clip of is their aggressive one. I don't want that, he says it offers "Throaty" sounds compared to their other series that has a "deep" tone. I want the latter, there is only a handful of videos online. If I can get the mufflers fairly reasonable price ill try it, if its to much ill stick with what I know.

This place is so hard to keep a easy list! I got a list that keeps getting added and added, and since its getting warm and guys are bringing out their cars I want to get the simple bolt on mods NOW lol, I really wanted to focus on appearance stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you dig into it, you find out what you want to know!

Well not exactly, this is on a 6.1 and it is the Tria series, which is the "throaty" one. Like I said I am going for the "deep" sound which is the B-Line series. I wished they would get their site up, I am just reading this from the guy on Facebook. I got this video from the owner of this car, he sent it to me on Facebook, then I figured out how to upload it on Youtube, so I could post it in here.

The guy is in California, where the company is, and said that the owner personally delivered the mufflers to him (I don't figure he will do it for me since I am in Ohio) He also went on to say that the exhaust shop told him these were some of the best quality mufflers they had ever seen, and they are made in the USA!!! Ok, I don't want to go into a lot of details, but here is the video. I think I will try them out, seen others asking about them on their facebook page and looks like they are going for about $70-80 each, great price!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8kamYPhV0uo

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I just sent an email again. I am thinking its time for an upgrade, sure this free flowing stock exhaust sounds really good at WOT but other wise its pathetic, its to damn quiet. It has a nice small rumble at idle and I am sure a set of reso delete pipes will do wonders but then I have a drone issue.

I sent an email inquiring about 2 "tria series" mufflers. Finding more videos of the b lines, of course on other cars, and it sounds way to raspy for me. Will be just swapping these in place of the suitcase, keeping the stock resos and getting some nice big tips. I wasn't planning on anything else before vacation but if I can get it all done for a few hundred why the hell not!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts