Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new UK member intending to get the 300C CRD (diesel) when it is launched here in January. Seen pics of loads of different mesh grilles and have a fancy for the T-Rex Hybrid Series triple chrome part no. # 80471. I have not seen any mention of this grille on this website. If someone out there has it fitted I would welcome your comments re the quality of the fit / finish and durability. Is it worth paying the extra $100 for the triple chrome version?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Geordie said:
I'm a new UK member intending to get the 300C CRD (diesel) when it is launched here in January. Seen pics of loads of different mesh grilles and have a fancy for the T-Rex Hybrid Series triple chrome part no. # 80471. I have not seen any mention of this grille on this website. If someone out there has it fitted I would welcome your comments re the quality of the fit / finish and durability. Is it worth paying the extra $100 for the triple chrome version?

This is a very nice grill. I saw it at SEMA and really liked it. It is worth the extra 100 for sure. I am still debating between it and the new DUB edition grill.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KillerC said:
This is a very nice grill. I saw it at SEMA and really liked it. It is worth the extra 100 for sure. I am still debating between it and the new DUB edition grill.
KillerC...Many thanks for your response. The more I view the pics the more I like it, particularly the slightly rececessed 3D effect. Are you aware of any reliable suppliers who could get it to England in one peice?

·
Registered
7 Posts
t-rex grill

Geordie said:
KillerC...Many thanks for your response. The more I view the pics the more I like it, particularly the slightly rececessed 3D effect. Are you aware of any reliable suppliers who could get it to England in one peice?
Instlled the t-rex triple plated grill as well as the matching grills for the fog lamps....looks great...get a lot of second looks. Did not attempt install my self....had my dealer install at the cost of 3 hours. This grill is worth the cost!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kolson said:
Instlled the t-rex triple plated grill as well as the matching grills for the fog lamps....looks great...get a lot of second looks. Did not attempt install my self....had my dealer install at the cost of 3 hours. This grill is worth the cost!
Kolson...many thanks for your response. Just wondered if you had also fitted the Chrysler winged emblem to your grille which I understand is self-adheshive. If so did you have any problems re lifting at the edges? Also what guarantee or warranty did you get with the T-Rex and is it easy to maintain its appearance?

·
Registered
7 Posts
crhemi said:
kolson, how about some pictures.
I did add the winged emblem to the grill and have not had adhesion problems. Not sure on the warranty and maintenance has not been an issue. I will post a fews pics and check the warranty and reply in a future posting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
T-REX grill and another

Hi there.
I live in sweden and have mailed asking for informations about the new grillcraft grill. I got the answer 30 minutes later and I can get the grill in 2 weeks.
Take a look at another grill before buying the T-REX.
Webside: http://www.grillcraft.com/applications/applications.asp?action=viewMake&make=chrysler
Open the:CHR3000SW woven stainless steel grill
I think its cleaner and more Bentley like. The T-Rex frame is to thick as all the others and is not as elegant as the grillcraft.
With regards,
John Jahr

Geordie said:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
T-Rex grille and another

john said:
Hi there.
I live in sweden and have mailed asking for informations about the new grillcraft grill. I got the answer 30 minutes later and I can get the grill in 2 weeks.
Take a look at another grill before buying the T-REX.
Webside: http://www.grillcraft.com/applications/applications.asp?action=viewMake&make=chrysler
Open the:CHR3000SW woven stainless steel grill
I think its cleaner and more Bentley like. The T-Rex frame is to thick as all the others and is not as elegant as the grillcraft.
With regards,
John Jahr[/QUOTE

Hi John

Thanks for your response. I did undertake the exercise re the Grillcraft website and having put both the Grillcraft and T-Rex on screen side by side, and whilst the Grillcraft is very attractive, I have no doubt that the T-Rex remains my firm favourite. It is very much a personal choice but I prefer the chrome surround (which is actually narrower than many competitors) with the recessed 3D effect and the winged emblem to actually fit onto the chrome frame whereas with the Grillcraft version it is affixed to the actual mesh. I must stress that I am not wanting to create an actual 'Bentley' grille, merely a resemblance with a unique classy and quality appearance which I believe the T-Rex provides. Anyway Mrs. 'Geordie' prefers it as well!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Geordie ***quality appearance which I believe the T-Rex provides. [COLOR=Red said:
Anyway Mrs. 'Geordie' prefers it as wel[/COLOR]l!
THAT's the one that matters the most..Good Call

·
Registered
134 Posts
Go T-Rex

Hi Gents,

I originally purchased the E&G stainless grill online and after holding it up next to my 05 Silver 300c, I decided to send it back. The surround was not polished enough to go with the chrome eyelids on the front bumpers and there was an annoying black gasket around it. The vendor suggested the T-Rex in chrome so I looked at it online and went for it. Well, I just received the T-Rex grill today and it is sweet. I can't wait to install it. BTW - I also have the lower vent mesh inserts that fit behind the fog lights and they were easy to install and look awesome. I will get some shots of my car after installing the T-Rex Grill.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Go T-Rex

fanofsteel said:
Hi Gents,

I originally purchased the E&G stainless grill online and after holding it up next to my 05 Silver 300c, I decided to send it back. The surround was not polished enough to go with the chrome eyelids on the front bumpers and there was an annoying black gasket around it. The vendor suggested the T-Rex in chrome so I looked at it online and went for it. Well, I just received the T-Rex grill today and it is sweet. I can't wait to install it. BTW - I also have the lower vent mesh inserts that fit behind the fog lights and they were easy to install and look awesome. I will get some shots of my car after installing the T-Rex Grill.
Looking forward to seeing your pics of the T-Rex 'fanofsteel'. Did you get the triple chrome version (part no. 80471)? Just wondered if you have the chrome pillar posts fitted and if so, what make did you get? Anyone know what is renowned as the best pillar posts that look to be a factory fit and match the existing chrome surrounds?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey Geordie, great choice for a grille.When i first saw it i immediately ordered it and also ended it up installing it myself, was'nt the easiest thing to do but i definately got around it and after looking at it on my car i was proud of myself :biggrin:, and the attention ooohh the attention! I imagine you wanna see some pics so here's a link to my page and if you're wondering ,the durango was my previous car and the bimmer belonged to jas007 , he is also a member on this site.
http://worldracer.net/gallery1/22dubs

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
T-Rex grille and Polish Barber Shop!!!

HEMI_MAN said:
Hey Geordie, great choice for a grille.When i first saw it i immediately ordered it and also ended it up installing it myself, was'nt the easiest thing to do but i definately got around it and after looking at it on my car i was proud of myself :biggrin:, and the attention ooohh the attention! I imagine you wanna see some pics so here's a link to my page and if you're wondering ,the durango was my previous car and the bimmer belonged to jas007 , he is also a member on this site.
http://worldracer.net/gallery1/22dubs
Hi there Hemi_Man...

Thanks a lot for your response. The pics are great and the T-Rex on your car looks the business and has definately made my mind up that it is the grille for me! All I need now is the car to fit it to and it will be the 300C CRD (diesel) when it arrives in the UK in January. That is one hell of a barber shop in Poland and well worth the trip!! Best wishes for 2006.

Regards
Geordie

·
Registered
134 Posts
T-Rex Installed

Geordie said:
Looking forward to seeing your pics of the T-Rex 'fanofsteel'. Did you get the triple chrome version (part no. 80471)? Just wondered if you have the chrome pillar posts fitted and if so, what make did you get? Anyone know what is renowned as the best pillar posts that look to be a factory fit and match the existing chrome surrounds?
Hey Geordie,
I did get the triple chrome version (part #80471) but didn't get the chrome pillars. I am not sure if I want to add the pillars. The grill install wasn't too bad and the directions were decent. The biggest pain was getting the factory grill out. The tough part is getting to the 4 bottom screws that are up against the bumper pad. When you get to a point where you start removing the screws that hold the factory grill in place, take out all of the screws visible and then pull like hell on the upper portion of the grill. This will dislodge the tabs that are holding the grill to the bumper at the top and on the sides. This way you can pull the grill away from the bumper pad allowing you to see the 4 bottom screws. I had read a prior installation hint and performed it myself. Instead of trying to remove the 4 bottom screws, take a utility knife and slice the bumper along the length of each screw that is holding the grill to the bumper. Then all you have to do is pull up on the grill working from left to right and each screw will slide through the slits allowing you to remove it. It probably saved me 45min - 1 hr. The T-Rex goes in pretty easy there after. Sorry I still don't have any pictures. I live in upstate NY and it was snowing like crazy today so I was working out of my garage. Pictures to come soon.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Glad you like it and the fact that you made up your mind about it,definately one of the most beautiful grilles out there(HAPPY OWNER :biggrin: ) . Check out these pics I took not too long after when I put the rims and the chrysler non-wigned emblem on.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2147895
And i would also like to wish you the best for 2006 and good luck with your soon to be car!

Regards HEMI_MAN

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
fanofsteel said:
Hey Geordie,
I did get the triple chrome version (part #80471) but didn't get the chrome pillars. I am not sure if I want to add the pillars. The grill install wasn't too bad and the directions were decent. The biggest pain was getting the factory grill out. The tough part is getting to the 4 bottom screws that are up against the bumper pad. When you get to a point where you start removing the screws that hold the factory grill in place, take out all of the screws visible and then pull like hell on the upper portion of the grill. This will dislodge the tabs that are holding the grill to the bumper at the top and on the sides. This way you can pull the grill away from the bumper pad allowing you to see the 4 bottom screws. I had read a prior installation hint and performed it myself. Instead of trying to remove the 4 bottom screws, take a utility knife and slice the bumper along the length of each screw that is holding the grill to the bumper. Then all you have to do is pull up on the grill working from left to right and each screw will slide through the slits allowing you to remove it. It probably saved me 45min - 1 hr. The T-Rex goes in pretty easy there after. Sorry I still don't have any pictures. I live in upstate NY and it was snowing like crazy today so I was working out of my garage. Pictures to come soon.
Hi fanofsteel...

Thanks for your kind response. I do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to outline the procedure for removing the OE grille which will be invaluable. This has to be the most helpful and friendly website anywhere! Looking forward to your pics when the weather improves...it's just as bad in the UK!

Regards
Geordie

·
Registered
134 Posts
HEMI_MAN said:
Glad you like it and the fact that you made up your mind about it,definately one of the most beautiful grilles out there(HAPPY OWNER :biggrin: ) . Check out these pics I took not too long after when I put the rims and the chrysler non-wigned emblem on.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2147895
And i would also like to wish you the best for 2006 and good luck with your soon to be car!

Regards HEMI_MAN
Hemi_Man,
Sweet Ride!!! The grill, the tint, and the wheels look awesome!!! What size are the wheels? Who makes them?

Geordie,
I agree that this has got to be the most helpful forum I have ever had the pleasure to participate in. In fact, I downloaded the Service Manual last night from one poster. That will prove to be invaluable.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks fanofsteel, appreciated! The wheels are 22 inches and are the lowenhart imitations by milano.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Aloha, been a while since I posted, been busy. I've had my t-rex triple chrome grill for almost a year now and it still looks beautiful you are going to love it, congrats.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts