Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellow Members,

My Rad had to recently be replaced, and in the process of getting it fixed at a dealership (ran me about $1K :scared: while stuck in Canada). The tech also replaced my 180 T-Stat (without my permission) with the stock 203 T-Stat (He said that the 180 needed to be replaced).

I didn't think of this until now:

I am running a 91 Oct tune, and I'm sure the fan settings have been lowered (I did not do the tune) to accomodate the 180 degree T-Stat. Have I caused any damage to the car by having the same tune, but running it with the 203 degree T-Stat? IF so, does anybody have the original fan settings?

I will be replacing the T-Stat with a 180 hopefully within a couple of weeks, just wanted to know if I was unwittingly causing any damage to my 300C in the meantime.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
hmm interesting, first and foremost i would demand the dealer replace the 180tstat... but if he replaced it the OEM hopefully they flashed your unit and that regular fan/thermo speeds were reset to accomodate. Else your car probably will turn on the high fan because your settings are lower then what the normal tstat wants to open up at. so only issue should be the fan, because if it gets too hot the tstat by design should still open.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Quicknen... This happened while I was on a business trip to Canada and even though I am kinda pissed, I wouldn't want to drive 6 hours just to get back to that dealership. Guess I gotta plug in the predator and check if they flashed back to stock, any tips on how I can tell if it's back to stock quickly?

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
well your main concern would be just the fan speed so just tune it back to the stock fan speed until you get the 180 and reinstall your tune
no need to questions the if's and and's if its only going to take you couple minute to do the adjust it right lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts