Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tag lights went out. Looks like you have to take the whole rear bumper cover to replace, is this right!?!?!?
Sounds like a not very pratical engineering there!
Please advise... thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
My tag lights went out. Looks like you have to take the whole rear bumper cover to replace, is this right!?!?!?
Sounds like a not very pratical engineering there!
Please advise... thanks!
Look underneath you rear bumper just above your tag and you will see 2 screws thats how you change the bulb no need to remove your bumper.

jim

·
Registered
771 Posts
Dayuum JC, why did you have to make it so easy for him!:veryhappy

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just changed my tag lights to LEDs...I had alittle trouble getting the screws back in. (Got big Hands lol) but I finally sent them in straight.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just changed my tag lights to LEDs...I had alittle trouble getting the screws back in. (Got big Hands lol) but I finally sent them in straight.
Yeah, I just added a 194 LED to my plate too. The way you have to hold the housing and realign the screw is a PITA for sure but it can be done. I was thankful my 300 base only had one, the 300c guys have 2 rear plate lights to mess with back there!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Take off the bumper for the tag light!Now that would of been just wrong if Chrysler would of designed it that way.Changed mine last year easy to take out the screws but to back in took a little while.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got Cool White 194 LED lights for the tag as well. That might be the easiest bulb in the entire car to change. Maybe not.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good god! I don't want THAT many people to see my plates.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Are the 194 bulbs a direct swap? Do you need anything special to make them work on the stock wiring?

·
Registered
241 Posts
go to autolummination.com

get the 194 4 star smt led

if you have a c or srt you need 2 of them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts