Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I usually don't air my dirty laundry like this, but I don't know what else to do, and this is quite aggravating and silly over such a small amount. I don't know about you guys, but I work hard for every dollar I earn, and not getting something I paid for, no matter how small, is purely unacceptable.

Erik5032 posted a silver nav bezel for sale in November, at which time I promptly posted that I'd take it. We discussed the transaction via a number of PM's to calculate shipping costs, etc., and I sent payment. I thought all was well.... I mean, the guy was nice, communication was good... but I guess I was wrong. It is now the middle of February, and still no bezel.

First, his dad was in an accident, and he wasn't able to send it. Fine, I'm patient, I understand family definitely comes first, and I told him the same thing. Next, the "place that he took it to have it mailed" was slammed by the holidays, and they were late getting it sent. Then, "USPS" returns the package to him for "some reason." Well, if USPS is really the place he mailed it from, they usually doesn't let packages sit around their office waiting to get shipped. I know they do have busy/slow times, but that usually entails the delivery part; I have yet to see a pile of boxes sitting at a USPS branch that are more than a day old. More weeks go by, and finally I told him just to refund my paypal account. By this time, it was January, and he agreed to refund my payment. More weeks go by... no refund.

Finally, I told him look - if you really still do have this bezel, I'd rather you just resend it to me rather than give me the refund. I told him that he needed to send it via UPS or Fedex so that we could get a tracking number. He agreed, as he said he was really strapped for cash. This was at the beginning of February, and still nothing. I've pm'd him a few times since, and now I get nothing. Nice.

He even made a post about the returned shipment, probably in an attempt to cover his tracks:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/50770-usps-annoying.html

Original for sale post:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/car-buy-sell-forum/48132-nav-bezel-sale.html

Here is a post he made about making $22/hour. I don't proclaim to understand his expenses, but surely he could spare the $10 it would take to ship the stupid bezel.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/eu...dels/50827-inconvenient-truth.html#post624390

erik5032 - if you read this, it's time to man-up, and do what you say you were going to do. I hope you sleep better at night with $60 extra bucks in your wallet.

2/23/08 UPDATE - IT ARRIVED! THANKS ERIK! I'm sorry that I had to make a post like this to get the part sent, but I'm thankful that you sent it. Thanks again.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Well, a few things here I see.

• He was last online Feb 11th, so I don't think he's skipped town.
  • I agree it's been far too long to complete the transaction.
  • For now at least, you did the right thing by giving him a negative iTrader rating for this. This will alert others.
Hopefully it will turn out it was something beyond his power and he'll send the part. What was the method of payment and has the money been taken from your account? Good luck.

Bernie

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree - I don't think he's skipped either... but I do recall seeing a thread of his discussing the sale/trade of his 300, so he really has no reason to come back here. I'm sure there's some reason why he hasn't sent it... who knows.

Payment was through Paypal, but it's been so long that I can't even file a claim. Again, it was only $60, but that just makes it chap my rear even more. I always give people the benefit of the doubt... always always, but I'm just out of benefit at this point.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Well, like you've said, hopefully he'll man up and do the right thing.

Bernie

·
Registered
760 Posts
The best way I've seen for these to get resolved is doing just what you are doing. Letting other members know just what has happened. Usually a fellow forum member doesn't want to get a bad name so he or she will resolve the problem. Over on chargerforums one got really nasty. Just put some pressure on the fellow forum member and see what happens. I agree November until now is unacceptable. Good luck and hope everything works out.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
thanks for posting and making other members aware of a good transaction gone bad...hopefully this member will man up and do the right thing

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
$60 or $1 doesn't matter. Stand up and fight for the principle of the matter. Not enough of that these days...
Speaking of principal, and just to put things into perspective, this is what has happened in the past over a very small transaction of $45. It got ugly very early on and spanned several boards. This is what can happen by not doing the right thing.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/off-topic-discussion/15697-how-i-ripped-off-forum-member.html

If you think that's bad, check this guy out. He became an internet sensation world wide and the name Wenzel is associated with being "ripped off". For $145 that name earned him a place in internet history.

Here's one thread of probably 1,000's - D60 rear 4.88s 35 spline - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board.

Do a Google on Charlie Wenzel and this is what surfaces - charlie wenzel - Google Search=. Look how many hits are to forums. You could say he's pretty well known.

Erik, do the right thing there buddy. No one wants to see this happen to you.

Bernie

·
Registered
116 Posts
A man is only as good as his word... and when your words are not spoken they are typed, well it gives people the ability to back out and hide... if this was a transaction done face to face @ a swap meet and the part was exchanged for cash this would not be an issue. As far as dealing with people via the net, I must say I haven't ever been taken on a deal such as this one. I always keep at least one eye open for shady dealings and needless to say I may have missed out on a few "one time only" deals but I have not been burnt either.

It's a shame that this happened, if this is truely a thief at work and you lost your $$$, hopefully things work out and he either pays you back or you get your part. One bad apple doesn't ruin the bunch but I bet everyone that reads this thread will take a closer look before buying something in a way such as this again.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
One thing for sure is the value of the iTrader rating can't be denied. It's now out there for all to see.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
hang In There,maybe Something Did Come Up And He Is Going To Send It Soon.i Know I Will Feel The Same Way You Do If This Happened To Me.just Received Something Today That I Won On E-bay Last Month,the Seller Told Me He Was Having Problems With His Paypal Account.so I Figured I Just Take A Lost This Time.It Was Only $31.00.but Surprise In My Mail Box There It Was.hey You Never Know!hope It Works Out

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I agree - I don't think he's skipped either... but I do recall seeing a thread of his discussing the sale/trade of his 300, so he really has no reason to come back here. I'm sure there's some reason why he hasn't sent it... who knows.

Payment was through Paypal, but it's been so long that I can't even file a claim. Again, it was only $60, but that just makes it chap my rear even more. I always give people the benefit of the doubt... always always, but I'm just out of benefit at this point.
you guys say he hasnt skipped town? this is the internet lol. it doesnt matter if he logs on, he could be logged from brazil lol

But if you used credit on ur paypal, i know my credit cards i can cancel and dispute any charge even way past the trans date and theyll always do it and credit my money back. i dont know exactly what they do on there end ive had to do it acouple times and i get my money back no questions asked. Most cards do it and it doesnt matter if its throguh paypal.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Its never to late to file a complaint. At least they have to follow it up and can make him sweat a little. I would be putting in the complaint, regardless of how much was taken.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
this sucks. i hope it all works out for you. good luck.

·
Registered
979 Posts
dang man maybe you can call him did you send your money to a verified paypal address? Maybe someone in utah can pick it up for you since this guy is for sure incompetent.

This is one thing that truley scares me on this forumn i know i was a newbie once and didnt have a high post count but there are soo many new members joining daily and they have such a low post count but still sell things in the FS section. Not saying everyone is a bad guy for being new but there are those like that wenzel guy that have the ability to open an account here post scam people and move on. For the record i have dealt with a few new people on multiple occasions and never had a problem. But i guess we are always guilty of giving people the benefit of the doubt when we know we should get our money re-funded through paypal or file a claim.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Sorry to come of bitter, i do like the 3cf community but i think HEMEE might want to update the rules or at least give some people a hint. I think that people should not be allowed to sell unless they have 100 post or more. Yes its a great place to get viewers to see your fs items that relate to what they have but if your not a true player in the community take it to ebay. SECOND one thing i didnt see in the rules directions is any thing about money order or cashiers check. UNLESS doing a local deal where i meet the guy i would never use the form of payment. Sending money order or cashiers check or western union there is no protection if there is it doesnt work in regards to being ripped off. I know paypal has its its weaknesses but its probably one of the easiest most legit ways to pay and cover your own butt. It takes 1 minute to register and like a week to have a verified paypal address which only benefits the buyer and seller. These are just some things for protection that should be mentioned and considered. I guess thats my constructive criticism for the forum.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Sorry to come of bitter, i do like the 3cf community but i think HEMEE might want to update the rules or at least give some people a hint. I think that people should not be allowed to sell unless they have 100 post or more. Yes its a great place to get viewers to see your fs items that relate to what they have but if your not a true player in the community take it to ebay. SECOND one thing i didnt see in the rules directions is any thing about money order or cashiers check. UNLESS doing a local deal where i meet the guy i would never use the form of payment. Sending money order or cashiers check or western union there is no protection if there is it doesnt work in regards to being ripped off. I know paypal has its its weaknesses but its probably one of the easiest most legit ways to pay and cover your own butt. It takes 1 minute to register and like a week to have a verified paypal address which only benefits the buyer and seller. These are just some things for protection that should be mentioned and considered. I guess thats my constructive criticism for the forum.
I see your point, but buy/sell items are private transactions between a buyer and seller. I don't think there's any board that would interfer with transactions or set rules for the type of payment allowed. It boils down to let the buyer beware. I also think that for the overwhelming majority of sales here it's a pleasant experience. What happened in this case is extremely rare. As a matter of fact this one and the one I quoted above are the only deals gone bad I can recall.

Bernie

·
Registered
979 Posts
I see your point, but buy/sell items are private transactions between a buyer and seller. I don't think there's any board that would interfer with transactions or set rules for the type of payment allowed. It boils down to let the buyer beware. I also think that for the overwhelming majority of sales here it's a pleasant experience. What happened in this case is extremely rare. As a matter of fact this one and the one I quoted above are the only deals gone bad I can recall.

Bernie
your right bernie there is no way to make someone use a certain type of payment method but i think at least in the read before posting hemee has in the buy sell should state something like buyer beware most people prefer to use paypal over money order, cashiers check and western union because... Just to give some people the hint. Some people may be young or old and not realize it has become this easy to get scammed. Well their may only be 2 scams of your knowledge but we should try to minimize the risk and make it a more friendly environment.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
I just read the buy/sell rules and I think the disclaimer at the bottom sums it up quite nicely. It would be great to have a perfect record for transactions, but that's just not the reality of it, here or in real life. At 99.999% I don't think you can get any better than that.

Still, all in all I think it's an excellent system we have here, not oppressive and very fair to all concerned. The iTrader rating is a damn nice thing to have as well.

Bernie

1 - 20 of 41 Posts