Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got my vacation planned to where I am going to go!

Last week or so in July we are going to head down to Clearwater beach and stay 4 nights. Then head over to just outside Orlando in Belle Isle and visit some family. I am wondering from some local guys what there is to do besides the beach?

I figure we will be there at least 2-3 days on the beach, but after we all get burnt to a crisp I am looking for a few other things to do. Such as...

A small fishing trip that is fairly cheap and small kid friendly. Anything is fine, gotta be a big charter out there right?
I hear there is an Aquarium, that will definitely be in the works.

I can read all this stuff online but it doesn't REALLY tell me if its any good or not, or what the locals prefer.

Once we hit Orlando area for the weekend, I can get free tickets to Disney World, so that's a trip. And, I am so EXCITED about this!, A trip to LEGO LAND!!! AHHH loved those when I was a kid! Otherwise I will just hang with the family, they live on Lake Conway, lake front property, so we will have plenty to do to keep us entertained!

So whats up guys? Also, I LOVE food so some of the best places to eat in the Areas are a must. Seafood is my FAVORITE food by far, so let me in on the secrets!!

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
How about meet me at the Bradenton track and let's thrash these cars a bit! ;-)

Actually...in July I think I'll be in Canada watching northernrider thrash his... :).Done good spots around Tampa and Sarasota... head down to Sharky's on the pier in Sarasota for a good seafood meal, live entertainment and a subset that will blow you away... it's also a shark tooth beach so you can go hunting sharks teeth with the kids!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh hopefully you wont be, would love to check out your car when its done! Maybe get a meet together?

I am thinking of taking the 300 down to, its more comfortable and still has enough room for everything. Plus the windows being tinted will help! I would feel more comfortable though getting a new set of tires, as mine are starting to wear a good bit. But that's $1k I could use on vacation to!

All that or we take down my wifes Pacifica, obviously its got more luggage room, but MPG wise they would be the same. 300 is still more comfy though!

Reactions: silver06hemic

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ahh hopefully you wont be, would love to check out your car when its done! Maybe get a meet together?

I am thinking of taking the 300 down to, its more comfortable and still has enough room for everything. Plus the windows being tinted will help! I would feel more comfortable though getting a new set of tires, as mine are starting to wear a good bit. But that's $1k I could use on vacation to!

All that or we take down my wifes Pacifica, obviously its got more luggage room, but MPG wise they would be the same. 300 is still more comfy though!
Count me in for a meet. I'll make the 2 hour drive. The aquarium is pretty cool. I just went there last Friday.

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
I might tag along just to drive Rob's beast. hehehehe

Reactions: silver06hemic

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hey guys, I got my vacation planned to where I am going to go!

Last week or so in July we are going to head down to Clearwater beach and stay 4 nights. Then head over to just outside Orlando in Belle Isle and visit some family. I am wondering from some local guys what there is to do besides the beach?

I figure we will be there at least 2-3 days on the beach, but after we all get burnt to a crisp I am looking for a few other things to do. Such as...

A small fishing trip that is fairly cheap and small kid friendly. Anything is fine, gotta be a big charter out there right?
I hear there is an Aquarium, that will definitely be in the works.

I can read all this stuff online but it doesn't REALLY tell me if its any good or not, or what the locals prefer.

Once we hit Orlando area for the weekend, I can get free tickets to Disney World, so that's a trip. And, I am so EXCITED about this!, A trip to LEGO LAND!!! AHHH loved those when I was a kid! Otherwise I will just hang with the family, they live on Lake Conway, lake front property, so we will have plenty to do to keep us entertained!

So whats up guys? Also, I LOVE food so some of the best places to eat in the Areas are a must. Seafood is my FAVORITE food by far, so let me in on the secrets!!
I may be down there around the same time. About 1 hr south of Tampa in Palmetto. Sunshine Skyway Bridge is a good place to fish. I've caught some crazy stuff from off that bridge!
I'm hoping to take my girl to Legoland as well since we didn't get to go last year. We did hit Seaworld though. I already have season passes for Busch Gardens / Seaworld.
And I'd love to hear about how to get FREE tickets to Disney.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get the hookup Mix!

Actually my cousins boyfriend/baby daddy works there. And I mislead a bit, he can get 3 people in free but since we are a family of four I gotta buy 1 ticket. Ok though, I am ok with 100 vs 400 in tickets!

I can't wait for legoland, I am so damn excited about that! Also going to see the Clearwater aquarium and do some fishing on a party charter probably, I don't think a 4 and 6 year old will be ok for hours on a small private fishing boat.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok..Ok....Ok!

I have changed my plans for the final time. Clearwater is out. St Pete Beach is now in. also changed hotels and staying an extra night at the beach instead! So now It looks like St Pete Beach July 21-26 and then over to Orlando and visiting family and Disney 26-29 or so.....

This works out great, I am waiting on a reply on some "S" rims with brand new tires, actually the rims are factory take offs as well with only 4k miles on the combo. Takes care of me needing tires and pretty sure, well I am sure, we are bring the 300! I was looking on Bradenton's site, and it looks like the only time we can all go there is July 26th, that Saturday night. Nothing going on during the week, which is cool because most guys will have to work throughout the week. I am more than willing to hang out and around all day, and doing a big Florida meet and night at the track!

Mixmode! You HAVE! to bring your 300 now! All that overtime should net you some gas money!!!!

Whos in?!?!

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
If I'm back in time I will try and make it up to Bradenton for a night... if it works we could hit the drags. It's been awhile and I need to blow the cobwebs off the old gal... hoping for some high elevens... Yeah I'm in if I'm around...

Reactions: CNISTER
1 - 9 of 9 Posts