My C made it to the dealer today. I am going to pick it up after work. I'll be taking it for a test drive and I'll do a walk around. Any suggestions what to look for?
Chrome,Chrome said:C-Man -
Was there any mention of the $500 increase in MSRP? Did you get your original deal?
I think your best bet is to refuse delivery until the items are fixed...as hard as that may be. The dealer is getting 100% of the holdback on the purchase of your ordered vehicle without expending any expense to floor your vehicle. If your vehicle has to stay at the dealership for more than a day or so, it will start to cost them money. Your ordered vehicle also specifically has your name on the window sticker. I wouldn't worry about them telling you to take a leap either and then selling it to someone else. I think Chrysler would be pretty severe on a dealer for selling your built vehicle to someone else because they wouldn't fix any delivery issues for you.AndyK said:XCITsNU:
My course of action when I recieve my vehicle is probably going to be to note whatever problems I can find and try to work the dealer politely to correct them before taking delivery, or get them to acknowledge the problems and a commitment to fix them (pref. in writing). Given the backlog of orders, you really don't have a lot of credibility in refusing delivery now.
GATT,gotallthetoys said:C-Man, congratulations on taking delivery. When did you order and how long did it take to get your can. Many on the board have been waiting a long time still in BX status. I've been waiting 6 weeks and have no idea when it will move to D or D1. Dealer tells me maybe we'll know more in the middle of August.
I got an Employee Plan deal, so I payed the EP price stated on the invoice. I don't know if that had an increase. My window sticker did show a base price of $32,870 and the SG II was $635, which I believe both are an increase.