Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does your car idle? When I first start her up in the mornings the tech is fine. It's not jumping high to low, it's stable but the car has the shakes. Once I get her on the road and come to a light or stop sign it starts up again. It's more like a jump every 3-5 seconds. There seems to be sometype of problem in the 20-40mph range. When ever I'm acclerating (not sure about the spelling), it feels like it's missing. Like I said it's only when I'm going 20-40mph. Any ideas..

Rmedina
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that disconnecting the battery for awhile, then reconnecting made the idle smoothen out for some. I haven't tried it. The idle will be smooth for a little bit and then get rough a for a second or too and go back smooth for a little bit and repeats. Minor annoyance for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
These cars have a mind of their own. I had idle and lurching problems for a long time on and off. They have done 3 software upgrades. After I stopped screaming and started trying to get along with the dealer (long story - what could I do), they were more willing to work with me. Ask for the latest SW upgrade they can get. I have 5.2 I believe. The idle still is a little rough at times but the lurching seems to be just about all gone and the shifts are much smoother.

Bob
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
rdmac said:
These cars have a mind of their own. I had idle and lurching problems for a long time on and off. They have done 3 software upgrades. After I stopped screaming and started trying to get along with the dealer (long story - what could I do), they were more willing to work with me. Ask for the latest SW upgrade they can get. I have 5.2 I believe. The idle still is a little rough at times but the lurching seems to be just about all gone and the shifts are much smoother.

Bob
Can you please confirm which software you have? I have an appointment for this Thursday to have my U-Connect problem looked at and may as well get a flash if needed.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
jjs said:
Ah, OK...you haven't checked with the EVIC trick?
rdmac, I would like it if you could check the EVIC for the version # also, as I have my first service appt. next week (she says shaking in her boots!:( ) I was under the impression that V. 3.61 was the most recent...

Thanks, in advance, for your help!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Northern Rider said:
I believe the most recent is still Version 3.61.
I think so too NR, (typo in my post..) couldn't figure out how we got from 3.6 to 5.2 w/o our forum members knowing or posting. Thank you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well took her in. Told the service advisor what the problems were. She then wrote it down. That was not enough for me, so I had seat in my car to feel the jumps. She felt them.

A few hours later I get a call from the dealer and she is telling me that the tech did not find anything wrong and that the tech and his foreman were out taking a drive.

Went to the dealership and I had the service tech (foreman) sit in it while I was in it to feel the jumps. He then tells me " Oh thats the problem that you were talking about" . They were out taking my car for a ride to see if it was misfiring. He then tells me that he does not think he can do anything about it, but he will look at in the morning. Any ideas.. Lemon law time?

Rmedina
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,621 Posts
rmedina said:
Well took her in. Told the service advisor what the problems were. She then wrote it down. That was not enough for me, so I had seat in my car to feel the jumps. She felt them.

A few hours later I get a call from the dealer and she is telling me that the tech did not find anything wrong and that the tech and his foreman were out taking a drive.

Went to the dealership and I had the service tech (foreman) sit in it while I was in it to feel the jumps. He then tells me " Oh thats the problem that you were talking about" . They were out taking my car for a ride to see if it was misfiring. He then tells me that he does not think he can do anything about it, but he will look at in the morning. Any ideas.. Lemon law time?

Rmedina
Suggest to your dealer that they ask Chrysler for a solution/fix.

I had a creaking steering wheel (coming from the column area) and the shop foreman confirmed the noise during a test drive he and I took together.
He didn't know how to fix it and there wasn't any TSB on the problem.
He told me he had to ask Chrysler for a fix/solution.
It took a couple of weeks for Chrysler to get back to my dealer with a fix/solution. My dealer was then able to fix my problem.

So don't accept a "no solution" from your dealer. If there isn't a TSB or known fix, the dealers don't seem to know what to do. Try to get your dealer to work with Chrysler to find a solution.
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
rmedina said:
Well took her in. Told the service advisor what the problems were. She then wrote it down. That was not enough for me, so I had seat in my car to feel the jumps. She felt them.

A few hours later I get a call from the dealer and she is telling me that the tech did not find anything wrong and that the tech and his foreman were out taking a drive.

Went to the dealership and I had the service tech (foreman) sit in it while I was in it to feel the jumps. He then tells me " Oh thats the problem that you were talking about" . They were out taking my car for a ride to see if it was misfiring. He then tells me that he does not think he can do anything about it, but he will look at in the morning. Any ideas.. Lemon law time?

Rmedina
Rmedina, this thread might help:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1969

The 300 is a "wired" car. Software updates fix many, many problems. Make sure you have the dealer flash the latest (3.61). If they can't or won't, find another service dept. Your car needs the latest software.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
Guys, I have seen the disk. It says 5.02 on it and is dated 12/20/2004. I know they installed it cause the car is running a little better and I saw them work on it. This dealer is in NJ. He has also loaned the disk out to another local dealer who only had 5.01. This is factual. I had 4.6 (or something like that) installed last summer per a TSB. Unless we are talking about something else here.

Bob
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
rdmac said:
Guys, I have seen the disk. It says 5.02 on it and is dated 12/20/2004. I know they installed it cause the car is running a little better and I saw them work on it. This dealer is in NJ. He has also loaned the disk out to another local dealer who only had 5.01. This is factual. I had 4.6 (or something like that) installed last summer per a TSB. Unless we are talking about something else here.

Bob
What does you EVIC display show?
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top