Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's exciting! But I am not sure where to buy parts from. There are so many choices :hypnotize
I'm starting simple (Predator and AFE Stage 2) and I think I found a good place to buy from- marylandspeed.com. They have the Diablo + AFE package and it supposedly saves you $170 or something. Is this a good place to buy from? Plus, there's options to get an oiled air filter or a dry one and also different kinds of connectors to go with the diablo. I have no idea :Eyecrazy: I want my Predator to always be up to date, but I don't know what connector to get, and I want the best air filter to go on my AFE... and I don't know if that would be oiled or dry.
Please help a fellow 300 enthusiast :burnout:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can tell you the sound that the CAI adds to the SRT is NICE!! Makes you want to WOT a few times a day! I havent had a chance yet to get the predator installed... but I have it on my desk. One thing that I would do if I were you... I just installed a catch can on my 6.1 and I noticed that there was a good bit of oil in the tube I took off and in the nipple of the intake where the blow back was happening. Just my .02!

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So wait... what does the oil catch can do for my car?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Make sure that who ever you buy your predator from is an authorized dealer. If you don't know I would call Diablo and find out. Some vendors have been selling them for less and diablo will no longer honor the warranty if you buy from these vendors. I went with the oiled air filter becuase you can just wash and re oil it when it's dirty instead of having to buy a new one each time. As for cables, get the USB computer cable for the predator, you'll need it. It is just a USB to mini USB and a 12V wall inverter for power to the predator. Many times you will need to down load new software to update your car before you can use the predator. Once you do that though it's pretty easy to install a tune, just RTM before hand.

The catch can traps oil from your crank case before they go back through your intake manifold. The reason cars do this is for emission reasons. The catch can just removes the oil before it goes in, you just need to check it and empty it from time to time.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll definitely look in to that and see how much they cost. Thanks for all the help too! I'll be placing my order later today :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
catch can you can get from BT, run you about $100 depending on options

and Mace, get that predator tune installed already so you can kick yourself for not doing it sooner

·
Registered
883 Posts
Cibalo has given the right advise...to both of you.Maryland speed is an authorized dealer so you are ok...and Ive heard great things about them.Whatever you do get the cables when you get the predator...most people will need the usb link like Cibalo said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts