Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another modification I made was to put in a reversing Aid with real voice.
When you back up parking or to a wall or any other object the unit will tell you in a nice friendly female voice how far away you are from an object.
It starts out by 8 feet and tells you the distance down to 12 inches.
Attatched are two pics which shows the sensors on the car and the location of the speaker inside.
Information about the Module can be obtained here
Sensors
Speaker
I know I am Gadget Freak but hey, it's all good. Enjoy

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The installation is straight foreward. You only have to cut one wire. It's the one what goes to your turn signal fillament of the light bulb. Then you need to tap in the ground wire, the parking lamp wire(that turns the DLR's of when you turn the lights on) and a 12 Volt after Ignition. The Kit comes with a detailed diagram.
Good Luck :rolleyes:
Manny

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anyone consider adding something like this to the front bumper? My brother's SL500 has both rear and front sensors. The front ones are surprisingly useful for regular parking.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just a thought, most of the time when reversing out of parking spots ones car tends to be at an angle.
With the sensors mounted towards the centre like you have them there looks like there would be a chance that the corner of the vehicle would be much closer to an obstruction or other vehicle than the sensors are telling you and the chance of collision would exist

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
limeyg said:
Just a thought, most of the time when reversing out of parking spots ones car tends to be at an angle.
With the sensors mounted towards the centre like you have them there looks like there would be a chance that the corner of the vehicle would be much closer to an obstruction or other vehicle than the sensors are telling you and the chance of collision would exist
Mine are working just fine even in an angle because the sonar from the sensors stray 160 degrees. If I back up to a post right on the corner of the vehicle the system tells me "Object in blind area"
I am very happy with the system. I will install one in the front also.

·
Registered
99 Posts
MGD said:
Mine are working just fine even in an angle because the sonar from the sensors stray 160 degrees. If I back up to a post right on the corner of the vehicle the system tells me "Object in blind area"
I am very happy with the system. I will install one in the front also.
Glad to hear that the system will look after the corners of the vehicle.
My wifes only complaint with the car as she is not too tall is in reversing and something like this would be a good help.
How long was your install time ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It took me about 1 hour to install it. It is very easy. One wire to the backup light bulb and one to ground. You can places the sensors in different locations.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have that on my avalanche, its GREAT! i am going to miss her talking to me in my C. i ordered mine with park assist, i wonder if i could change the module to have it speak rather than having it beap........any ideas?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TLM said:
The installation of the sensors seems straight forward. What about the speaker?
You can run the speaker wire wherever you want to. Some just use velcro to mount it on the rear panel or you can put it in the overhead consol like I did. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts