Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in NJ down at the shore (beach area). After a long day at work doing whatever it is I do at my desk, I walk out to my car with dreams of blowing away imports dancing in my head. I see the biggest, nastiest seagull crap splattered all over my roof and sunroof and other little pieces littered over various parts of the car. Because I had to go track down my daughter and get down to South Jersey for dinner at my parents, its now like 9:00 PM and I forget about it (I know, how could I). This morning I walk out to go to work and in the light of a new day am like "Holey Sh$t" look at that hardened bird crap mess all over my car. I of course clean it up.

What is your worst mess inside or outside of your car.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The congealed envy/angst of loser imported car drivers stuck on my rear bumper.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
rdmac said:
What is your worst mess inside or outside of your car.
I once dropped a Tic-Tac on the floor, but I was quick to pick it up when I realized the mess I had made!:D

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The grease stains and smudges the crap Chrysler dealers leave that you don't notice until much later.

Chrysler service is insanely bad.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
joey said:
Black Lab doggy snot smeared all over the inside of the back windows.
And trails of doggy drool running down the outside of the rear doors.
You use the 300 to carry the dog???? I mean I have a Yellow Lab, 2 Husky's and often my girlfriend's German Shepherd (so I love dogs)...but this is one vehicle they wont be in! :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
My kid thought the backseat was a big coloring book. Hasn't been cleaned because my wife is the one responsible and should be the one to clean or at least pay to have it cleaned.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
hdplasmas said:
My kid thought the backseat was a big coloring book. Hasn't been cleaned because my wife is the one responsible and should be the one to clean or at least pay to have it cleaned.
Dont blame her, it's estrogen, (not you enthuiast C ladies)they can't help it, the same thing that makes them back the Sienna into the Bimmer and get mad at me for not making her "feel better".

·
Registered
47 Posts
Funny thing that this thread has veered into "rules of the C" and our families. Or am I steering that way?

Anyway, the dog hasn't even sniffed the inside of the car. When my wife drives it (there are times that I need the truck), she knows to park in out on the back 40. She knows not to stop and get an order of Super Nachos and nibble at them while at a stoplight. She knows to avoid puddles if it's been a couple of days since its last bath. Mind you, I don't go ape-shit over any of it if it happens, it's more or less a volleyball match. Yep, she's constantly harping about an odd sock being on floor next to the couch. She can't have an untidy house...you know, The Pope might swing by for a visit.

Good story.....she took the 300 to the supermarket a couple of weeks with my son (9). When they got back my son said, "Mom peeled out on the way to the store!" My bride countered, "I thought we agreed that you wouldn't tell him about it." He shrugged it off and pressed on to his room. When he split, my wife added that when she asked him not to say anything about it, he said, "But dad would be proud of you." That's my boy !!! It's all about raising them to appreciate the sweet things in life! And the power of the HEMI is one of them!

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Oh, this is going to be a fun thread, I'm already laughing audibly in front of my 'puter and the cat thinks I've lost it.

hdplasmas, NOTHING comes off of these seats easily, let alone crayons - Banish them!! (the crayons)

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
jjs said:
You use the 300 to carry the dog???? I mean I have a Yellow Lab, 2 Husky's and often my girlfriend's German Shepherd (so I love dogs)...but this is one vehicle they wont be in! :)
Strange as it may sound, but the only reason we own 4 door cars is to haul the dog around. We don't have kids. The dog goes everywhere.
I now have a $100 back seat cover, which I had to spend hours modifying to make it fit and snug. I also have the leather console cover because the dog's nails were scratching the cover. She likes to stand with her two paws on the console and hind legs on the back seat.
The console plastic is not very durable and scratches too easily. The cost to replace the console cover is around $175.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Joey, maybe you'll find something for your 'child' here... lots of travel accessories you don't find in the avg. pet shop.
www.petsnap.com
www.allpetsconsidered.com
Thanks for the links!
Actually I bought the seat cover through a mail catalog. Never even thought to check the internet. I searched and found the cover I bought from Dr Foster & Smith. The picture is from their online site. I got the Charcoal color which matches the interior really good (the web picture looks brown, but it is actually gray/black). I had to sew on four nylon straps and route them through the seat cracks so the cover wouldn't slip and come off. The seat cover material was nice but there were no fasteners. I would not buy these covers again because of the lack of straps/fasteners.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=11124&error=NoQty

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
joey said:
Strange as it may sound, but the only reason we own 4 door cars is to haul the dog around. We don't have kids. The dog goes everywhere.
I now have a $100 back seat cover, which I had to spend hours modifying to make it fit and snug. I also have the leather console cover because the dog's nails were scratching the cover. She likes to stand with her two paws on the console and hind legs on the back seat.
The console plastic is not very durable and scratches too easily. The cost to replace the console cover is around $175.
I know the feeling...no kids here (and never will be). I just kept the '97 Ram after it was paid off years ago for 2 things...pet taxi and mulch hauler.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Try this, a plastic backed paper drop cloth 4x10' from WMT. cut to fit across the entire back seat and tuck, allow the excess to darpe onto the floor, the remnant is placed on the floor as well over the floor mats and hump. Deep channel rubber mats are placed over the drop cloth on the floor and bath towels on the drop cloth on the seat. Car seats/kids may now be placed (idiots made the latch anchors nearly impossible to reach). Works perfectly every time. PS our trashed 04 Sienna is to be replaced by an 05 Odyssey which we will only allow clear drinks (non staining hi C juice boxes or water and Cheerios as snacks, otherwise no eating in the car. I know, no eating ever but a 9 hour road trip is miserable if you dont bend a little.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i live in on canada we got no birds here i would wring the neck on any bird that would even look at my black300c.i had mine covered in red mud almost had a heart attack nice and clean now .
lol mickeyboy

·
Registered
207 Posts
rogue said:
The grease stains and smudges the crap Chrysler dealers leave that you don't notice until much later.

Chrysler service is insanely bad.
Ain't that the truth! I really is the dirtiest my car has gotten is from those Chrysler boys. Armrest is blackened, seats too! Why don't they use slip covers or wash. They still think they're working on a neon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts