Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On at least 3 occasions I have been idling for about 4 minutes (in traffic or waiting for gas) and I hear a chime and the TCS, ESP/BAS lights go on. Pushing the ESP button does nothing. I have to turn the car off and restart to re-enable ESP. Does anyone know what's causing this?

·
Registered
125 Posts
A few of the members here (including me)have had this same problem.It has only happened to me once,at the dealership,go figure.I had the dealer check it out they found no codes,hopefully it was just a fluke.Exactly the same deal though sitting idiling about 5 minutes or so,turned car off back on and light was gone.I wish I had an answer for you but at least you know you are not alone!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just a thought

If you disconnect your Battery that same thing happens, so it could be a faulty ground somewhere? or a fuse being loose? Just a few items that could cause that feature to happen.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
hey guys,
try this...
we shocked the guy we did it for this past weekend who had his car like 12 hours...
take the fuse covers off...
both of them...
and press all fuses down tightly...
some fuses believe it or not, are barely in...
I put a post about this very thing about 4 days ago...
you'll be surprised when they start clicking all the way in...
Good Luck and hopefully Adrian...
that is all it is...
Sincerely,

·
Registered
231 Posts
same thing happened to me, went to the dealer and there where no codes. The only way to bring it back to normal is to turn the car off then on. Hopefully its just a hicup and nothing else.

·
Banned
66 Posts
This exact same thing happens to me when i wait at drive thru windows for a few minutes. I just turn the car off, then turn it back on...no more warnings...

anyone have any idea what it is?

I'll try what you suggested cbutler.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Tcs, Esp/bas

TCS, ESP/BAS

These cars hate to stand still, and LOVE to travel at warp speed.

After a few minutes of waiting, they just get impatient.

It's probably an acronym for something like:

Time to Cook Some (Tires) you ESPastic BAStich!

Next time try roasting the tires ASAP and see if the lights extinguish.

Dan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same thing happen to me......I feel good that I am not the only one with this. I will check my fuses......Did the fuse trick work for this?

Thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
About a week before taking my car in for an oil change, the ESP/BAS lights would come on almost every time I would start my car. I'm in the habit of always engaging my emergency brake after parking. The lights would come on just as I would release the emergency brake and at the same time the RPMs would drop to around 400 and then back to normal. The tech checked it out and there was a wire shorting out in the emergency brake area. He said it was throwing all kinds of codes. He repaired the wire and then everything was fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts