Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my car I didn't know there was a panic button hidden in my keys untill I found out that the U.S. cars are having them so I wanted to know if my key has it or not so I opend one of my keys to find out that there was a fourth button hidden and when I hit it the car started flashing the high beam lights plus the signal indicators & the horn continuasly untill I hit it again and it stopped.

Here is how to make this button available and usefull.

What you need:-
Screw driver
Drill
Cutter
Navi button from a Nokia 3310 keypad

Here is what to do:-

Open your key with the screw driver and you'll get three pices two plastic covers with the metal key in one of them & the electronic part which has four buttons press the one that was hidden under the plastic and that should be your panic button.As you can see in the picture.

Then you have to drill a hole in the plastic cover that has the key attached to like in this picture.

Get your pre cut Navi key that you got off a Nokia 3310 keypad & have the pointy plastic that is coming out of it on the bottom side a bit trimmed so that there is some space between the Navi button & the electrical board then stick it to the rubber part, If you fail to do this your panic button would be really hard to press.As shown in this picture.

Reassemble the key & you'll get your finished mod with a panic button.

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
jamoleh said:
When I bought my car I didn't know there was a panic button hidden in my keys untill I found out that the U.S. cars are having them so I wanted to know if my key has it or not so I opend one of my keys to find out that there was a fourth button hidden and when I hit it the car started flashing the high beam lights plus the signal indicators & the horn continuasly untill I hit it again and it stopped.
Hi jamoleh:

Can't you get a key imported from your dealer from either Canada or the US and then have it programed. Seems strange that your keys would be different from ours, yet have exactly the same buttons inside. :confused:

Rambit

·
Registered
448 Posts
Man, that's wierd....what in the world was the driving force to hide this feature? One of the great mysteries of life.

By the way Jamoleh, as soon as I read this, I navigated over to the "sound horn" thread to make a link to your thread only to find you beat me to it! :cool:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rambit said:
Hi jamoleh:

Can't you get a key imported from your dealer from either Canada or the US and then have it programed. Seems strange that your keys would be different from ours, yet have exactly the same buttons inside. :confused:

Rambit
The Problem was that the dealer couldn't order the U.S. specs parts for a Gulf specs vehicle due to the fact that the EVIC won't recognize it & a new pre-cut key for my car would cost around $165 and it would still not have the panic button plus this is a really cheap mod it won't even cost $2.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
frank29 said:
Man, that's wierd....what in the world was the driving force to hide this feature? One of the great mysteries of life.

By the way Jamoleh, as soon as I read this, I navigated over to the "sound horn" thread to make a link to your thread only to find you beat me to it! :cool:
What to say other than I'm FAST......:D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rogue said:
Jamoleh you are a resourceful guy. Nice writeup! The Nokya button is a great touch.
Thanks but that was the only thing that would fit in to the hole I made.

·
Registered
212 Posts
jamoleh, but if you bought one from ebay and exchange only the covers and buttons with yours? Only a thought.

Herminio

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HERMINIO said:
jamoleh, but if you bought one from ebay and exchange only the covers and buttons with yours? Only a thought.

Herminio
That is exactly what I did with the other key which I use all the time BTW you still have to drill a hole in your original because the key is attached to the same cover that has all the buttons, What I did I just changed the rubber buttons from my old key and put in the new four button rubber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts