Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi every one im looking to install tein coilovers on my 3.5L v6 does any one have any experience with them? ARE THEY GOOD perofomance wise ? are there any better brands? for coilovers?

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
Tein comes highly recommended.... I don't think I've heard anything bad about them at all...

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have a 3.5 v6 also and looking for coilovers and from what people telling me that the Teins are highly recommended like CUEBALL said.My brother in-law has installed them in his car and swears by them.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Hi every one im looking to install tein coilovers on my 3.5L v6 does any one have any experience with them? ARE THEY GOOD perofomance wise ? are there any better brands? for coilovers?
I can only think of one person who installed Tein's, but I am sure there are more. I just don't recall seeing a lot of write-ups on Teins. I don't think the jury is out on their long-term durability. The KW coilovers are another alternative. I believe KW headquarters are in GMBH, which is closer to your home. Per the KW website, there is a KW distributor/partner in Moscow.
Ãëàâíàÿ

KW automotive GmbH -- Gewindefahrwerke -- Sportfahrwerke -- Suspension

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tein comes highly recommended.... I don't think I've heard anything bad about them at all...
would tein significantly increase my perfomance?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 3.5 v6 also and looking for coilovers and from what people telling me that the Teins are highly recommended like CUEBALL said.My brother in-law has installed them in his car and swears by them.
What soers it mean swears by them ? is he happy about them or not?:eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had them on my Mazdaspeed 6 and my 4 cyl Mazda 6 that I owned b4 the 300 and they are by far the best springs I have ever purchased for any car I've owned.

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
Like I said, I haven't heard anything bad about them, and since I buy based on reviews I would purchase them for my self if I didn't get such a great deal on my Kw's from Tom Byrne.....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can only think of one person who installed Tein's, but I am sure there are more. I just don't recall seeing a lot of write-ups on Teins. I don't think the jury is out on their long-term durability. The KW coilovers are another alternative. I believe KW headquarters are in GMBH, which is closer to your home. Per the KW website, there is a KW distributor/partner in Moscow.
Ãëàâíàÿ

KW automotive GmbH -- Gewindefahrwerke -- Sportfahrwerke -- Suspension
I go to college in. Boston so right now I'm in Usa ,I usually purchaise parts here , perfomance wise what would u suggest?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
I think I would go Tein with EFDC..... but my KW's are great! Neither one won't hurt your feelings, so get which ever is easiest to procure, IMO.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I go to college in. Boston so right now I'm in Usa ,I usually purchaise parts here , perfomance wise what would u suggest?
Bag it on konis thats my vote! Ill be out in boston bagged pretty soon...gotta love the sox.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I would go Tein with EFDC..... but my KW's are great! Neither one won't hurt your feelings, so get which ever is easiest to procure, IMO.
what is EFDC and IMO?

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
IMO... internet for 'IN My opinion'...

EFDC..... can't find a good link to help out... seems the Tein USA page is kaput for now.... but it is a system to allow you to adjust shock dampening inside the car....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IMO... internet for 'IN My opinion'...

EFDC..... can't find a good link to help out... seems the Tein USA page is kaput for now.... but it is a system to allow you to adjust shock dampening inside the car....
so With EFDC i can adjust my suspenison from inside like in mercs and range rovers?

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
so With EFDC i can adjust my suspenison from inside like in mercs and range rovers?
Yes, so I've read. I have no personal knowledge of them.

EFDC - Electronic Full Damping Control ?

- 'swear by' means "to have great reliance on or confidence in" some thing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, so I've read. I have no personal knowledge of them.

EFDC - Electronic Full Damping Control ?

- 'swear by' means "to have great reliance on or confidence in" some thing.
do you have any idea where i can get the EFDC?
:cool: :fing02:
300cforums can become a good language class 4 me

·
Registered
187 Posts

It will transform your car!!!

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
300carm,

You might want to read this older but very informative thread on the TEIN coilovers along with the EDFC information. You can just install the adjustable coilovers without having to purchase the EDFC kit.

Even as of now, I don't believe the EDFC is available for the 300c version (5.7) which has disappointed me over such a long period.

But, those who have various LX vehicles that also ordered the EDFC kit, really enjoy making the soft-firm suspension changes on the fly. EDFC does not adjust the drop/height.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/suspension-handling-modifications/32887-tein-suspension-300-c.html?highlight=tein

bruno

1 - 20 of 38 Posts