Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 07 SRT8. Has the basic 6 speaker system, so I assume it has the 6 channel 268W amp. Added two speakers, bought an amp that was said to be a 368W 8 channel. Mopar only lists one amp for the 300. How can I tell which is which or if they're the same??

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You're right, the wires aren't present in the harness connectors. However, I'm thinking they're probably someplace in the harness taped up, because my car did have the connectors for the other two speakers in their locations. The speakers do work also, but not in the way they're designed.

I'm gonna have to trace the harness back and see if the wires are there. If not I guess I'll need to run new wires and wire those speakers to the proper connectors myself.:worried:

Unless, of course, somebody has the 6 speaker system and has their dash apart already. Anybody? If you do can you please check for the following 4 wires.
Gray/brown stripe
Dark Green/ Brown Stripe
Another Gray/Brown Stripe
and Gray/Orange stripe

Those are the wires for the rear sub and front center speakers in the amp. Pins 5 and 13 in the white connector are for the sub, and 17 and 26 on the gray one for the center.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OKay, this was really bothering me, so I pulled the dash apart. All wires are in the harness connectors. That means that the cars are prewired for the 8 speaker system, no matter whether they have 6 or 8 speakers.

But wait, the amp only has one part number. Whats the deal? The deal is this; I spoke to the dealer and got this explained to me. The amp is an 8 channel, with 46W per channel. When there are 6 speakers plugging in, its a 276W amp. When there are 8, its a 368W amp. Issue solved.

Now anybody need an amp, because I have an extra.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
That's interesting because when I plugged in two extra speakers to my 6 speaker setup to test it they didn't work.

Stef

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you sure, because plugging the two in for me worked fine. You may not notice it since they sorta blend in with the others.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Definitely doesn't work for me. I checked again today and I have the same colour wiring at both ends and all the wires are connected in the plugs as per the diagrams above. I've checked the amp and all pins are present, however no sound, I even removed the right hand dash speaker and plugged it in to the centre connector and nothing at all, I'm sure my BA6 amp must be missing something internally!

Stef

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me pull apart the amp I have and see what could be missing. Its the original from my SRT8 which should mean its the BA6. RPO code for it is RD7P.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Thanks, I'll check all the numbers on my amp and put them on here.

So you're saying that your stock amp feeds all the speakers too?

As mine is a UK model and a CRD at that it may well be that they use a different lower spec amp. I may end up having to get the higher spec one and swapping them out.

Stef

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, my stock amp feeds all the speakers. If you want I can post the part number when I get home, to see if yours is the same..

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
...if you have the kicker premium system you will also have a small black amp mounted under the rear parcel shelf.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Here you go pictures from mine. I've tried connecting a speaker to the centre speaker connector on the amp in case the wiring loom was disconnected under the dash but still no joy so it definately looks like my amp doesn't have those live outputs.

Although the part number of my amp is very similar to the part number in the LX parts pdf file I have (mine ends in AF, parts manual ends in AB), I'm wondering if it may be something that has to be enabled by the dealer in Starscan or something? If not it looks like I may need to find the higher spec amp from somewhere, not easy in the UK!

Stef

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My part number is identical to yours EXCEPT the revision. You have AF, and i have AJ

The V number is exactly the same, the T number is completely different. Mine is DA292006D0792. Whats the T stand for?

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
I have no idea! My only thoughts are that it has to have these outputs enabled within Starscan. I'm just dropping an email to my dealer asking the question. I'll let you know what they say!

Thanks for your help so far.

Stef

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Just thought, that last set of numbers is probably a serial number or something like that.

Stef

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
OK, here's an update, my dealer has scoured Starscan and cannot find anywhere to amend the amp settings to enable the two other channels

Guess, I'll have to try and source a BA7 amp and try that to see if I then get the centre and sub channel, I can't be bothered to go through the process of fitting separate subs etc.

Stef

1 - 17 of 17 Posts