Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having issues with the temp control on the 2011 300C. I simply cannot get the temp to work properly. After a few minutes of driving the ac starts to blow cold air even if the temp is set to auto and 80 degrees. The longer I drive the colder it gets until I have the temp set to 83 or high. Then it will blow hot air. 30 degrees out last night, driving 70 MPH down the highway and the AC is running wide open. Had it checked at dealer and they agree it’s not working, but they’re not sure what to do. They sent massage to Chrysler to see if they have some ideas. Anybody having the same issue?

Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control with Humidity Sensor

·
Registered
482 Posts
The air conditioner/heater is working normally on my new 2011 300 Limited. Be sure they've applied all the latest software updates before letting them tear into your console. These new cars are computers on wheels!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me the other night. I usually dont have to turn the heat on, as its still in the 50s here mostly. But I had the defrost on, set to around 77, and it was hot for a while, then all of the sudden started getting cooler. Once I turned the temp up to HI it got hot, but whenever I turned it down, after a few minutes, it started getting cold again. I had a reflash last month, so Im pretty sure my car is up to date.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I expect to hear from dealer this week. They sent in message to Chrysler. If they have power back on at dealer i will call tomorrow morning and post reply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No answer yet. I have to take it back in this week. They are monitoring a sensor. I think its a bad temp sensor in the car. Let me know what you find out and ill do the same.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I picked my car up yesterday from having the rear sunshade replaced. I made a list of things for them to check, the most important being the heating problem. They said there was nothing they could find. I have to have my headliner replaced from the tsb that is out, but don't have time to leave my car with them at the moment, so in a couple weeks I am taking it back in and they said they would check it again.

Basically what they told me is if they cannot recreate the problem, they dont know what they need to fix. I told them it didnt happen all the time, or even a majority of the time, but now that is is getting into the 20's and 30's outside, that random moment when it starts blowing ice cold air is very jolting and uncomfortable. They didnt really have anything to say.

So at this point, I'm not entirely sure what I can do, other than write to chrysler about. They said they have documented the problem with chrysler. But thats all I've got for now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think they figured out the problem. When I picked up my 300 yesterday they had replaced two sensors that were not working or suspect. It’s hard to make sense of the service write-up but it looks like the twilight sensor was bad and the ambient temp sensor was suspect. There is some language about the temp sensor in the knee bolster but it’s not complete. They list two parts replaced. (1) 55111902AB – Sensor A.T.C.S. and (1) 55111178AC - Sensor Temperature.

So far it seems to work. Temperature in cabin is comfortable and working properly. If you need a copy of my service report let me know and I’ll email it to you. Hopes this helps.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ill write down the numbers for when I take it to the dealer next. Mine is not doing it frequent enough I guess for the dealer to locate the problem.

When you experienced the problems, was it quite frequent, or was it random, and not happen all the time?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine was doing it almost every time if I drove it for more than say 10 minutes. Really bad on long trips or after the car was running for 30 to 45 minutes. Day two and its working great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts