Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed yesterday that my Temp dial was at the 1/2 way mark between Hot and Cold. I had been riding about 30 miles and outdoor temp was about 40 degrees....All my previous cars typically would stay well below 1/2 way...maybe 1/4 over cold..Just seems a bit high at 1/2 mark on a cool evening..What will happen in the summer? Has anyone noticed this? Could it be part of recall...just needs coolent changed?

Thanks...3800miles and still breaking in

·
Registered
887 Posts
Mine runs at 203 to 208 regardless of temp outside and always reads in the middle (I've monitored the temp on the evic diagnostic mode).

The tstat must be a 205 (?) Normal op temp should be about where the tstat is set.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mine consistently rides just below the middle...be it 105 or 40 degrees outside, and it ignores stop-and-go or sailing down the freeway type driving. 95% of the time I am running A/C.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine sits dead on the middle. Ususal range from 202 to 206 degrees. Higher end in city traffic, lower end on highway; as expected. Haven't noticed any change between hot summer days and the cooler fall mornings recently.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine runs just below half. Be interested to know how you determine that temperature is running between 203/208?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
SilverSea said:
Mine runs just below half. Be interested to know how you determine that temperature is running between 203/208?
Mine is the same. You can get a full diagnostic report from the EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Center). Follow this thread:

http://www.300cforums.com/showthread.php?t=377

·
Registered
133 Posts
At normal cruise the temperture gauge is just below mid-point and the water temp is 203-206 on EVIC.

Have not seen the temp outside this range after warm-up is complete.

:)

·
Registered
441 Posts
My temp needle stays just below middle when warmed up. Check the easter egg EVIC display for a more accurate reading. Mine ran up to 230-240 on hot days and 210-220 on cold ones.

·
Registered
901 Posts
My needle never pass the middle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts