Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a specific brand for the tensioner pulley?? Also if anyone had some DIY tips?? Trued to check out the DIY section for replacing it but couldn't find any. Mine us making a lot of noise and i better change it! Thanks.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
I believe the pulley p/n is 4792835AA and you can get it at the dealer or any of the authorized MOPAR parts sellers online.

I get my MOPAR parts from MoparPartsStore.com or from Airpark CJDR in Scottsdale, AZ. Both routinely come in lower, even with freight, than my local dealer will sell the parts for.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the pulley p/n is 4792835AA and you can get it at the dealer or any of the authorized MOPAR parts sellers online.

I get my MOPAR parts from MoparPartsStore.com or from Airpark CJDR in Scottsdale, AZ. Both routinely come in lower, even with freight, than my local dealer will sell the parts for.
Thanks maddog,

Just tried the part number on flea bay, but the one that comes up doesn't seem to fit my car??

I would go to the dealer here if it wasn't 5 x the price here in uae!! Everything at chrysler is so stinking expensive here!!
Example... 225 buck for inner tie rod!!! OMG.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
my eBay search shows it fits the 6.1L engine, in a 300, which is what you have. But that's not where I got the part number.

I forgot you are in the UAE. Try the ebay thing again.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my eBay search shows it fits the 6.1L engine, in a 300, which is what you have. But that's not where I got the part number.

I forgot you are in the UAE. Try the ebay thing again.
Only one that comes up is "crown" pulley with this PN.

Ill try the other one and see if it works... Thanks man.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hi boyz.

I just wanted to ask you if you know whether or not i need to adjust the belt tensioner when replacing? (See below link)

Engine Timing Belt Tensioner Mopar 4861660AA | eBay

I ordered both the belt tensioner and the tensioner pulley (see below link) (both parts from Mopar tho)

Dayco 89144 Belt Tensioner Pulley | eBay

and want to replace both, but i have noticed on ebay some are selling a "adjustment tool"?? Do i need that to replace both tensioners?? Starting to think i jumped in to fast without researching how to?? Thanks

This is the tool!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Timi...hrysler|Model:300&hash=item5affd305e4&vxp=mtr

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
You won't need the tool. The tensioner should come pre-adjusted from MOPAR. It appears the mopar part comes with the tensioner and pulley based on the picture. You may end up with two pulleys.

Have you ordered a belt? I normally change the belts and tensioners out at the same time. They have roughly the same service life in my experience.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
You won't need the tool. The tensioner should come pre-adjusted from MOPAR. It appears the mopar part comes with the tensioner and pulley based on the picture. You may end up with two pulleys.

Have you ordered a belt? I normally change the belts and tensioners out at the same time. They have roughly the same service life in my experience.
Hi maddog,

Ok thanks. I was worried for a second that i needed a special tool to replace it.

I ordered both the tensioner, and the other plastic "wheel" (isn't that called pulley as well??) that sits just next to the tensioner so I'm gonna replace both. Yes i ordered a new belt as well so ill replace that too now I'm replacing the tensioner anyway. Also ordered new bolts etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts