Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!! :)

I hope you're OK.

CanadianDriver.com has tested the 2008 Chrysler 300C with the SRT DESIGN PACKAGE.

Click on THIS to read the article.

Craig!! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. I thought it was interesting that they commented on the fact that the drivers door wouldn't stay open. That absolutely drives me crazy on my 08. It was not a problem on my 05. After comparing the front door hinges between the 08 an earlier cars it is easy to figure out the problem. I thought my door hinges were missing some parts, but evidently this is another way they cut costs on the 08's.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Just another "sin" tax. Our government deems it decadent to drive in comfort without your sweaty ass sticking to the seat.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
whats the point of calling the car srt-design? no body kit, no outside resemblence of a srt and i dont think the seats are the same either are they...? i dont get it...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have to stick up for the car I bought! It has everything the SRT has but the engine & brimbos. Plus I can drive without goin broke! At $4.25 a gallon it's well worth it.

I have a great time drivin my car everyday!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I have to stick up for the car I bought! It has everything the SRT has but the engine & brimbos. Plus I can drive without goin broke! At $4.25 a gallon it's well worth it.

i wasnt bashing it, i just dont get why its called srt design, you forgot to mention that it doesnt have the body kit. so you have srt wheels and maybe nav inside and seats? why not just get a 300c 5.7 looks the same to me?

ps. gas doesnt make one broke, its the other things one over spends on...

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
poseur

No one can deny it's a great car, I'd take one in a minute!

BUT, there's a lot more to an SRT8 than just the engine and the brakes! You might want to check out Allpar.com for the lowdown.

And SRT's get surprisingly good gas mileage when light footed. Not really any difference there at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's the one!!!

Hi Guys!! :)

I hope you're OK.

CanadianDriver.com has tested the 2008 Chrysler 300C with the SRT DESIGN PACKAGE.

Click on THIS to read the article.

Craig!! :)
That is exactly the car I purchased - color and all options the same. Nice to see a good article about it. Someone said that it is being discontinued...I smell collectors coming my way!!! I did not know at the time about the SRT design package, I just liked all the options and the power.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
hmm

Looks real good, love the wheels, although they should have included the SRT front lip.... that ties it all together in my opinion.

·
Registered
771 Posts
NorCal, you really shoud take Steve's advise and learn the big difference between the two and it's BrEmbo brakes! Italian for "stoppa much quicker than yours".

·
Registered
390 Posts
Nice review, thanks for posting it! I'm glad to see that the reviewer understands what a good value the SRT Design package is.

jblue21, the SRT Design package has a few appearance cues from the SRT8. Specifically, it has color-matched door handles and mirrors. The 20" SRT-D wheels are actually different than the SRT-8's (12 spokes instead of 10, ultra bright aluminum). On the interior, they are virtually identical. The only difference on the interior is the SRT8 badging and the speedometer. The seats and accents are identical otherwise.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Nice review, thanks for posting it! I'm glad to see that the reviewer understands what a good value the SRT Design package is.

jblue21, the SRT Design package has a few appearance cues from the SRT8. Specifically, it has color-matched door handles and mirrors. The 20" SRT-D wheels are actually different than the SRT-8's (12 spokes instead of 10, ultra bright aluminum). On the interior, they are virtually identical. The only difference on the interior is the SRT8 badging and the speedometer. The seats and accents are identical otherwise.
thanks for telling me the similarities, i guess it makes alil more sense i dunno, i'd get it right away if they just had the front and rear srt bumper and nothing else but....

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
isnt that more than a real srt lol?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts