Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Summary of the drive:

300C is substantial, smooth, quick, powerful, well controlled(great brake and handling, corning), the look worth 1/4 million bucks.
Only complain is steering too light that makes me nervous.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Submarine said:
Summary of the drive:

300C is substantial, smooth, quick, powerful, well controlled(great brake and handling, corning), the look worth 1/4 million bucks.
Only complain is steering too light that makes me nervous.
I know what you mean. I'm still adjusting to it(bought my 300C last Tuesday).
But man, what a fun car to drive. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hmmmm.. I test drove 2 different 300c's and didn't notice anything about the steering. Coming from a Ram 2500 diesel too. But maybe I was to mesmerised by the sound of the Hemi to notice.:)

But, I did notice "over responsive" steering which you could call light, in a Pacifica that my Wife and I test drove. No Hemi, so I could pay more attention to other things.

·
Registered
149 Posts
MightyMax said:
Hmmmm.. I test drove 2 different 300c's and didn't notice anything about the steering. Coming from a Ram 2500 diesel too. But maybe I was to mesmerised by the sound of the Hemi to notice.:)

But, I did notice "over responsive" steering which you could call light, in a Pacifica that my Wife and I test drove. No Hemi, so I could pay more attention to other things.
That would be another way to describe it. Over responsive. I was coming up on a car in the left lane of a 4 lane highway rather fast, and when I went to switch to the right lane to pass, it was like, just a slight correction to the right, and I mean really slight, I was in the right lane passing said 'offender' in the left lane.
I think the steering in GM cars and trucks allow for more room with lane changes and twisties. We have a lot of valley roads around here and when negotiating turns in the road with my 2500hd or my CamaroSS, I could do so with confidence, because I was used to the way they handled. With the C, at a certain turn in a certain road, it has to be approached differently than with my Chevy's. A learning curve I can adjust to. :)
I guess the 300C has more oversteer than what I had become accustomed to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Not over responsive. Actually, the R&T test article said 300C is moderate understeering. If you ever drive 300M with performance handling package or BMW you know what I mean. The sports cars steering is very tight, that gives you better control and feeling, since you won't steer it by mistake, you have to use certain 'force', use your arm to turn it, not by just a finger. I prepfer less power steering assist boost.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm getting over/under steer mixed up then. What I notice is that it takes very minimal movement in the wheel to change lanes. My GM vehicles required more movement to do the same.
There, that's it. I'm gone! :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yep... I not stating that it was a problem. I did like it, but I would have to get used to it. Moving from a Ram 2500 LWB Diesel truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts