Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the halos from the group buy a couple of days ago and am waiting to get my headlights to install. I read the directions from AAC and it says you can use 2AA batteries to test your halos. Would I just line two AA batteries up and connect the positive end to the red and the negative to the black? Or am I completely mistaken on this testing? and is this bad for the halos?

·
Registered
446 Posts
The halos hook up to the inverter that comes with them, then your best way to test them would be to pop your hood and where your fuse box is you have a + terminal that is connected to 12v hook red to that, and ground the black to any bare metal on the car you can find. Ive never heard of 2 AA batt method, but if they say it works it probably does. in that case you should be able to use a 9v also. I personally would recommend using a car battery because they are meant for 12v and most electronics dont like to be browned out

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The halos hook up to the inverter that comes with them, then your best way to test them would be to pop your hood and where your fuse box is you have a + terminal that is connected to 12v hook red to that, and ground the black to any bare metal on the car you can find. Ive never heard of 2 AA batt method, but if they say it works it probably does. in that case you should be able to use a 9v also. I personally would recommend using a car battery because they are meant for 12v and most electronics dont like to be browned out
Thanks! I already have halos installed and i was trying to find a way out of openning the hood out of pure lazyness. I just read the directions again and realized that I read it wrong :pat: . You can test the halos with a battery tester on a 2a setting haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts