Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I've been reading through this excellent forum for a few months now...even before I eventually purchased a 300 of my own. You know, I 'fell in love' with the looks of this car the first day I saw one driving down the road. I actually had to follow the owner to the next stoplight just so that I could ask him what kind of car he was driving. I remember him smiling at me and proudly boasting, "It's a Chrysler 300." Several months later and after actually having test driven one for myself, well needless to say, our relationship was cemented....the Chrysler 300 and me that is.

I have to admit that this has been the hardest vehicle to locate and purchase that I've ever encountered. Since I reside in CA where it's not unheard of that Chrysler dealers are even charging up to $10,000 over 'sticker price', I unfortunately couldn't get a good enough deal on a 300C that I could rightfully justify. It should be noted that the majority of the Chrysler dealerships which I had even contacted were/are very aware of the fact that the Chrysler 300 models are the 'going rage' here in CA. They're in fact taking advantage of this situation by severely over-inflating their asking prices, and they're actually getting away with it...as evidenced by the vehicle's scarcity.

Well, since I needed to get a new vehicle before the end of the year, and after having eventually decided against the only Magnum RT that I could find within a few hundred miles of my location (my wife feels that it looks like a station wagon, irregardless of how it's being marketed), I opted for a Black Crystal Pearl '300 Touring' with all of the upgrades...those that I wanted and those that I didn't. Besides, I was actually able to 'beat the dealer at his own game' and got the exact color combination and equipped model that I wanted at a price that I could rightfully justify. There has to be some stock in the saying that the best time to purchase a new vehicle is near the last day of the year, as it worked for me....the bank and I are both happy.

So, the bank has owned it for almost two months now, and they've allowed me to drive it just as long as I continue to pay them every month.....hehe. Since the day I picked it up at the local Chrysler dealership (via a 'dealer trade'...at my request), I've had absolutely no complaints about this vehicle whatsoever...other than those recommendations already made by other 300 owners; i.e., easier driver access to the large center console (as it's too awkward to open even when one's not driving), the addition of a locking fuel filler compartment (especially for here where the price of gas is actually fourteen cents higher than anywhere else in CA), and maybe also some other place to put my gas cap other than to let it simply dangle against my newly waxed paint...grrr. Chrome wheels and a Hemi upgrade option might not also be too much to ask from Chrysler for the '300 Touring' model, just as long as they don't try to 'slap' another ten grand to the asking price. I also thought that an electric trunk closure may be in order, especially considering the fact that my trunk is hard as heck' to close...even after the sixth try.

To sum it all up, I just wanted to thank you folks for helping me decide that a 300 was the correct new vehicle choice. Keep up the good work and keep up the great posts so that others might also make the 'right decision' and go with a Chrysler 300...I've made the decision and I haven't looked back. Heck, I now know how that gentleman feels...you know, that one who I saw driving the first Chrysler 300 I had ever seen. When continually complimented about how great my car looks, and approached by others asking me what kind of car I'm driving, I too proudly boast, "It's a Chrysler 300."

Regards,

Mr.DJ

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank's Mr.DJ

Mr.DJ said:
Hello all,

I've been reading through this excellent forum for a few months now...even before I eventually purchased a 300 of my own. You know, I 'fell in love' with the looks of this car the first day I saw one driving down the road. I actually had to follow the owner to the next stoplight just so that I could ask him what kind of car his was driving. I remember him smiling at me and proudly boasting, "It's a Chrysler 300." Several months later and after actually having test driven one for myself, well needless to say, our relationship was cemented....the Chrysler 300 and me that is.

I have to admit that this has been the hardest vehicle to locate and purchase that I've ever encountered. Since I reside in CA where it's not unheard of that Chrysler dealers are even charging up to $10,000 over 'sticker price', I unfortunately couldn't get a good enough deal on a 300C that I could rightfully justify. It should be noted that the majority of the Chrysler dealerships which I had even contacted were/are very aware of the fact that the Chrysler 300 models are the 'going rage' here in CA. They're in fact taking advantage of this situation by severely over-inflating their asking prices, and they're actually getting away with it...as evidenced by the vehicle's scarcity.

Well, since I needed to get a new vehicle before the end of the year, and after having eventually decided against the only Magnum RT that I could find within a few hundred miles of my location (I still think it looks like a station wagon, irregardless of how it's being marketed), I opted for a Black Crystal Pearl '300 Touring' with all of the upgrades...those that I wanted and those that I didn't. Besides, I was actually able to 'beat the dealer at his own game' and got the exact color combination and equipped model that I wanted at a price that I could rightfully justify. There has to be some stock in the saying that the best time to purchase a new vehicle is the last day of the year, as it worked for me....the bank and I are both happy.

So, the bank has owned it for almost two months now, and they've allowed me to drive it just as long as I continue to pay them every month.....hehe. Since the day I picked it up at the local Chrysler dealership (via a 'dealer trade'...at my request), I've had absolutely no complaints about this vehicle whatsoever...other than those recommendations already made by other 300 owners; i.e., easier driver access to the large center console (as it's too awkward to open even when one's not driving), the addition of a locking fuel filler compartment (especially for here where the price of gas is actually fourteen cents higher than anywhere else in CA), and maybe also some other place to put my gas cap other than to let it simply dangle against my newly waxed paint...grrr. Chrome wheels and a Hemi upgrade option might not also be too much to ask from Chrysler for the '300 Touring' model, just as they don't try to 'slap' another ten grand to the asking price. I also thought that an electric trunk closure may be in order, especially considering the fact that my trunk is hard as heck' to close with one hand when my other is holding a walking cane.

To sum it all up, I just wanted to thank you folks for helping me decide that a 300 was the correct new vehicle choice. Keep up the good work and keep up the great posts so that others might also make the 'right decision' and go with a Chrysler 300...I've made the decision and I haven't looked back. Heck, I now know how that gentleman feels...you know, that one who I saw driving the first Chrysler 300 I had ever seen. When continually complimented about how great my car looks, and approached by others asking me what kind of car I'm driving, I too proudly boast, "It's a Chrysler 300."

Regards,

Mr.DJ[/QUOTE
Thanks Mr.DJ
Great story,enjoy the car and I wish you well

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Welcome Mr.DJ glad you took the leap... enjoy!

"so listen Mister DJ, keep those records playin', 'cuz I'm havin' such a good time, dancin' with my baby..." Sam Cooke

·
Registered
351 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Welcome Mr.DJ glad you took the leap... enjoy!

"so listen Mister DJ, keep those records playin', 'cuz I'm havin' such a good time, dancin' with my baby..." Sam Cooke
Linda,

good choice of car and music!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congrats DJ. Have any pictures taken of it yet? I wanna see more pics of Tourings, since thats what i'm getting :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Enjoy your new ride. It is a great forum and by working together we can all have lots of fun together.

Congratulations!

:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
i want to echo the same thanks!

i'm in SoCal where everyone i contacted quoted me $5-$8k(!!) above MSRP (no, not for a SRT8 - for a 300C!)

didn't make sense at those prices & was about to give up when i came across this forum.

thks to some very helpful members here, i managed to find both a decent dealer and a decent price (i ordered a 2006 300C) - so thanks again!

ps: i'm trusting it will all work out - but must confess after reading some horror stories here, i'm cautious & won't tell any friends about by 'new car' until i actually drive it off the lot ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
W.e.l.c.o.m.e.

Big Congrats and Welcome DJ to 300/300C Family! :) Great Intro. Can't wait to see pics of your 300!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you haven't found it yet

There is a little lip inside of the gas door that the gas cap hangs on. I was feeling the same as you were and happy to stumble onto this. Hope this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts