Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were removing our front seats for re-upholstering when I about crapped my pants. The sticker says "may cause death or injury" if removed or bolts even removed.
After calling Tommy Z, he then called Aspendog and found out this only means that there is a scale in the passenger seat connected to a computer. This weighs the passenger in order to assertain the degree of force if the airbag deploys. If disconnected, the only way to have the scale work properly is to have it re-calibrated by Chrysler.
But no fear to remove the seat.
One more reason I love this forum...no death or injury. lol

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
wesexcellence said:
We were removing our front seats for re-upholstering when I about crapped my pants. The sticker says "may cause death or injury" if removed or bolts even removed.
After calling Tommy Z, he then called Aspendog and found out this only means that there is a scale in the passenger seat connected to a computer. This weighs the passenger in order to assertain the degree of force if the airbag deploys. If disconnected, the only way to have the scale work properly is to have it re-calibrated by Chrysler.
But no fear to remove the seat.
One more reason I love this forum...no death or injury. lol
No problem Wes feel free to call me any time (I PM'd my cell). The "scale" actually just determines weather there is over or under a deterined amount of weight. It is there to turn off the pass airbag when a child is in the front seat...

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
If you think the sticker has dire warnings, you should check the service manual. :eek:

WARNING: The front passenger seat assembly contains critical components that affect the front passenger
airbag deployment. Correctly functioning front passenger seat components are critical for the Occupant
Classification System (OCS) to properly classify the front passenger and calculate the proper airbag deployment.
Unapproved modifications or service procedures to the front passenger seat assembly, its related
components, or trim cover may inadvertently change the airbag deployment in case of a frontal crash. This
could result in death or serious injury to the front seat passenger if the vehicle is involved in an accident.
The following requirements must be strictly adhered to:
- Do not modify the front passenger seat assembly or components in any way.
- Do not modify the front seat center console or center position seat in any way.
- Do not use prior or future model year seat trim covers not designated for the specific model being
repaired. Always use the correct seat trim cover specified for the vehicle.
- Do not replace the seat trim cover with an aftermarket trim cover.
- Do not add a secondary trim cover other than those approved by DaimlerChrysler/Mopar.
- At no time should any Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) component or SRS related component or
fastener be modified or replaced with any part except those which are approved by
DaimlerChrysler/Mopar.

WARNING: If the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) is dropped at any time, it must be replaced. Failure to take the proper precautions can result in accidental airbag deployment and personal injury or death.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Do you think DC wants you to only use thier replacement seat skins or what? That is a bunch of crap, thier "premium leather" quality is pitiful and is only used on the tops of the seats (only where your body would touch), the headrest and the rest of the seats are either vinyl or cloth. Theses are not "premium" if you ask me. It is VERY typical of auto makers to skimp on leather, there are only a few companies that use all leather (they are high-end european mfgs)

my .02

JonW said:
If you think the sticker has dire warnings, you should check the service manual. :eek:

WARNING: The front passenger seat assembly contains critical components that affect the front passenger
airbag deployment. Correctly functioning front passenger seat components are critical for the Occupant
Classification System (OCS) to properly classify the front passenger and calculate the proper airbag deployment.
Unapproved modifications or service procedures to the front passenger seat assembly, its related
components, or trim cover may inadvertently change the airbag deployment in case of a frontal crash. This
could result in death or serious injury to the front seat passenger if the vehicle is involved in an accident.
The following requirements must be strictly adhered to:
- Do not modify the front passenger seat assembly or components in any way.
- Do not modify the front seat center console or center position seat in any way.
- Do not use prior or future model year seat trim covers not designated for the specific model being
repaired. Always use the correct seat trim cover specified for the vehicle.
- Do not replace the seat trim cover with an aftermarket trim cover.
- Do not add a secondary trim cover other than those approved by DaimlerChrysler/Mopar.
- At no time should any Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) component or SRS related component or
fastener be modified or replaced with any part except those which are approved by
DaimlerChrysler/Mopar.

WARNING: If the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) is dropped at any time, it must be replaced. Failure to take the proper precautions can result in accidental airbag deployment and personal injury or death.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts