Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has heard of any problems with the security system or any 300c's being stolen. The reason I ask is that I was out this weekend and I parked near another 300C at a very nice restaurant, and I noticed that they had a Club attached to the steering wheel. I don't see the need for it since we have a security alarm, but thouht maybe they knew something that i didn't. Just wondering. :confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I suspect that it's a wee bit of paranoia, since the Club isn't terribly effective. Still, if it helps you enjoy your dinner in peace, then it can't hurt. Personally, I'm not going to bother, but the crime rate in Buffalo is pretty low anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you. Crime rate is not low in Houston, but if they want to steal it, they will, with or without the club. That's why we pay insurance.......................

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I thought with the chip in the key these cars could not be stolen except with a tow truck. Without the proper chip, it won't start. Re: the club, it is a great visual deterrent for punks looking for a joy ride,they'll just move to the next car without a club, it will not stop someone who wants a particular car. When I visit my parents in Richmond,VA I use the club but I don't even lock it, keeps the steering wheel from being cut if they really want it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has somebody actually seen the alarm system go off ??
I activated it and bumped the car, opened the locked door from the inside without the key or the control and the alarm never went off .....
Does anybody knows what will activate it ??

·
Registered
94 Posts
About the factory alarm, it doesnt have a shock sensor, so if it gets bumped it wont go off. I think it will only go off if someone breaks the window and opens the door. I have a Viper alarm sitting next to me, waiting to be installed. I, personally, would suggest an aftermarket alarm for everyone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Lakers fan, have you had your viper alarm installed? And if so do you have a by pass toggle switch that allows you to disarm system.I have a platinum alarm
system installed and the technicians were unable to wire it so that I would be able to disarm the system from inside the automobile. The new systems alarms if the windows are broken , if the car is bumped , releases the trunk and operates the locks. The Fob vibrates whenever the alarm is set off. This bypass toggle switch should work , but I think their techs were unable too figure out the wiring specifications. Please confirm if you have a bypass switch on your 300C .Thanks for any information you can provide.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is the factory alarm standard?

I have a Touring, and the lights flash and the horn honks for a second when I lock it...

That means I have an alarm, right? ... or maybe just a basic one?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alarm system / Touring Model

DJJT , the 300 series vehicles all have a basic alarm system. However , the after market systems will alarm if a window is hit or broken and will also alarm if someone is trying to remove the tires from the vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like it is for the 2004 300M ???

DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - CHRYSLER / 300M / 2004 / Security

Some of the wires might be the same, but not all since there are a lot of changes with the C

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
TheMurph544 said:
Looks like it is for the 2004 300M ???
Why would you say that? I don't see anything that says 2004 - did I miss something there? The post at their forum was titled specifically for the 2005 300.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
lol, imagnie that !! and I always say search search search :rolleyes: stupid me !!! but thanks for the info !!

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
TheMurph544 said:
lol, imagnie that !! and I always say search search search :rolleyes: stupid me !!! but thanks for the info !!
Nothing stupid at all Murph. Their database is a "members only" database and does not allow us end-users to search it. However, seeing the URL that showed documents by an ID number, I started playing with it. It seems that each ID # related to a specific car. So, my 10 minutes of searching really referred to whipping up a custom web browser that automatically searched through all their documents until I found the one for the 2005 300!

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
PR300C said:
Has somebody actually seen the alarm system go off ??
I activated it and bumped the car, opened the locked door from the inside without the key or the control and the alarm never went off .....
Does anybody knows what will activate it ??
How long did you wait, after activating the alarm, before you opened the door from inside? On my BMW, it takes about a minute after the door is locked for the alarm to activate. After that point, it's pretty cool, since an ultrasonic sensor will trigger the siren if you reach in through an open window.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts