Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

THE 3CF PROJECT THREAD: What Car Projects Do You Have In The Works / Planned?

38K views 81 replies 37 participants last post by  CNISTER 
#1 ·
It's that time of the year again. Winter is finally gone (for most of us) and the nice driving weather is upon us.

What do you have planned for your ride? What are you working on right now?

Share your project plans here with your fellow members.

Here's what's going on with my Black Beauty II:

Just drained and replaced all fluids - cooling; transmission; power steering; rear diff; crankcase oil; and brake lines. All fluids replaced with high tech custom stuff designed to keep wear and temps low. Will let you know how this is going after I get lapping.

Just replaced the power steering rack, as the old one was not holding pressure, especially on the track.

Purchased 2 Pirelli P Zero rear tires - 275 - 40 - 20. Will install on Monday.

Almost finished an interior "make over" using a dash kit from CarID. I ordered everything in gloss black and am using some thin chrome trim in places. will post up pics when done.

Thats me! What are you up to?

See less See more
#60 ·
its only a tiny mod, but Phaseone put in some HID headlamp bulbs in my car yeaterday as reversing lights (are they called "backup lights" over the sea?) (theres a thread on how-to) - WOW!!
I live in the boondocks & its an incredible difference

I now have some slate grey Startech leather door card covers to go on (one day!) (they cover the scalloped area under the window, as far as the armrest)

this is the old bird as of yesterday, at our 18 car UK dyno meet

edit: ........ hmmm, do I see a hint of baldspot? - hard to tell as I crew cut to number 1, but its worrying!

#64 ·
ya i'm looking for a new emblem too, but the ones on ebay are all the bentley "b" ones and i checked a place called re-badges something (don't remember exactly), but they wanted $55...which sound way overpriced for what it is

#65 ·
I have a 5.7L 300c and I'm planning on replacing the stock headers, midpipes and the cat-back exhaust with a set that I bought which are from the 6.1L SRT8. I also have a set of 4 subframe bushings from CAM that I want to put on.

What I want to do is install some Meagan racing coil-overs and Pedders suspension bushings.

#66 ·
Winter Build List

Here is my 'To Do" list to get my old gal ready for road racing this coming summer:

2006 Chrysler 200C SRT8 Winter Build List

1. Replace Eibach front Struts under warranty. Mounting brakects for sway bar ripped off. Bring in KW-2's for temp struts

2. Replace Radiator - fill with 25% antifreeze 75% water - with water wetter; new 180 T-stat
3. Add large Fluidyne Oil Cooler and oil filter bypass - from Speedlogix
4. Replace rear half shafts - from Speedlogix
5. replace all wheel bearings - source locally aftermarket
6. Flush Brake fluid - Install new Stoptech Performance Pads Order pads from Dave Z
7. Purchase and set up a Tranzformer TCM controller
8. Add camber adjustment bushings for rear wheels
9. Change rear Michelin PSS 285's to 275's to allow inversion and rotation of all 4 tires
10. Build side bolsters for driver's seat
11. Ensure build is complete by April 1st, ready to test and tune at New Jersey Motorsports Park

#67 ·
The Tranzformer is awesome firm shifts & steering wheel shifting & brings up trains temp in evic display...

I have a set of eibach rear camber bushings NIB if u want for < list...
jamesmost1@yahoo.com

I am ordering the same ram air hood u have,,,, any issues with it that I should know about?
James

Here is my 'To Do" list to get my old gal ready for road racing this coming summer:

2006 Chrysler 200C SRT8 Winter Build List

1. Replace Eibach front Struts under warranty. Mounting brakects for sway bar ripped off. Bring in KW-2's for temp struts​

2. Replace Radiator - fill with 25% antifreeze 75% water - with water wetter; new 180 T-stat
3. Add large Fluidyne Oil Cooler and oil filter bypass - from Speedlogix
4. Replace rear half shafts - from Speedlogix
5. replace all wheel bearings - source locally aftermarket
6. Flush Brake fluid - Install new Stoptech Performance Pads Order pads from Dave Z
7. Purchase and set up a Tranzformer TCM controller
8. Add camber adjustment bushings for rear wheels
9. Change rear Michelin PSS 285's to 275's to allow inversion and rotation of all 4 tires
10. Ensure build is complete by April 1st, ready to test and tune at New Jersey Motorsports Park

#70 ·
Shoot me an email w/# ill ring u up

#72 ·
Not to forget the wheel alignment too, slightly negative camber will help aid for track racing purposes but obviously not too much to a degree that it contributes too much towards tyre wear :fing02:

#73 ·
Last summer, we installed adjustable upper control arms. I ran over -3 degrees camber on the front!!! Made all the difference on the track, but too much for street driving. I have to reset back after each race.

I am also going to add some adjustment for the rear wheels - probably about -1 degree.

The front inside tire wear is one of the reasons I am going to the same tire size all around. It will allow me to cross rotate and even out the inside tire wear from the negative camber.

#74 ·
Mods planned for the immediate future

1. E&G mesh vent inserts (purchased not installed)
2. AAC color shifting halos (purchased not installed)
3. Cool Vanilla painted headlight housings (paint is here, need a day to do it)
4. Pedders suspension upgrades, including coilovers. (Need advice)
5. VIP 300c srt style front and rear lip in cool vanilla (need money)
6. SRT style rear spoiler in cool vanilla (purchased not installed)
7. Airhammer CAI (purchased not installed)

Now I. Just need to take a day or two off to make it all happen!

#75 · (Edited)
I am going to work on turning my sleeper into something a little more noticeable. No more performance mods this year (if I can help it)

1) Working on a custom grill found in the D.I.Y. thread by Wilkenms
2) Working on trying to illuminate a Gen 2 wing working with brake and turn signal lights
3) Halo lights and painted housing
4) Illuminated door sills
5) Dash kit
6) Removal of side molding and fender badges
7) Rob a bank for some silver 20' challenger rims and tires
8) Mad eye lids maybe custom made
9) Work on the engine bay

#78 ·
OHH Ill join in the fun .... Summer is here, got some stuff planned since i dont have any summer classes for once!

Main concepts ..

- New badges, working on a design myself for some 3D printing goodness (Being a geek finally paying off?)

- Adding lighting to all door pockets and foot wells, looking to do RGB strips controlled by a mini-adruino with bluetooth control from my phone or the phone im placing in the glove box for the AR3)

- Replace ALL LEDs on the centre console, a lot of the green ones are dying, going to swap them to white

- Add an inductive charger for my phone, playing around with different mount ideas now, ordered the charger that ill be destroying tonight should be here wed !)

- Tint my windows, still trying to decide what level to go (pictures of current as it stands now are below)

- Not sure what else, maybe paint brake calipers black to make the stock setup less noticeable, ill figure that out when I go to swap the brakes

- Almost forgot, working on stealth modding my DS Trinity to sit in the sunglasses holder, have ideas need to figure out the implementation of it

- Black out my stock grille, not a fan of any after market ones (Not a huge fan of the stock one for that matter...)

Pics as it stands are in this album ... - 300c - Imgur

Any input/ideas are more than welcome, trying to do new stuff that ive yet to see.

#80 · (Edited)
Right where my ash tray is, hope to work on it and get a rough fit within a week (Charger and other parts wont be here until mid week), looks good in my head. ... need to decide how im doing the holder , either fibre glass or 3D print.

edit: Ill probably look to do a write up on it when im done, going a little un-conventional in wiring will know for sure when its done though ...

#81 ·
my 06 300c project list

well she is going in for her steroid injection mods in a few days here is whats on order/ planned.....180 stat, bbk cold air intake shroud and seal, bbk polished throttle body, bbk tuned long tube headers, cat delete, custom fab X pipe 3 1/2 " pipes to resonators, ss 3 1/2 stainless tips, diablo trinity t-1000 tuner fabbed into dash for stock look ....all work done by Brandon Bussard co owner of Bussard Automotive Performance Specialties.

Attachments

#82 ·
well she is going in for her steroid injection mods in a few days here is whats on order/ planned.....180 stat, bbk cold air intake shroud and seal, bbk polished throttle body, bbk tuned long tube headers, cat delete, custom fab X pipe 3 1/2 " pipes to resonators, ss 3 1/2 stainless tips, diablo trinity t-1000 tuner fabbed into dash for stock look ....all work done by Brandon Bussard co owner of Bussard Automotive Performance Specialties.
Steroid injection is right! Your car will come alive after that one!

Currently I am planning on a few things. Around fall time more than likely. I am going to have my SRT Manifolds installed along with Catless midpipes. Then I am going to have Erik at BFNY Performance install a Challenger exhaust, cutting the tips into the rear bumper. I will have the stock mufflers replaced with a set of T-Phlo "Tria Series" mufflers.

Of course all this requires a custom tune to turn off the EGR and delete the rear o2 sensors. So if I am going through the tuning process, why not make it worthwhile right?

May as well install a cam! Unsure which one as of right now, but she will be a good one! That includes replacing valve train parts, going to go ahead and delete MDS, and since it will be opened up will put in a 6.1 oil pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.