Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is not fully cleaned and detailed as it will be when we get good weather. But I did have a chance to wash it off and at least have it stay clean enough for me to run to the boat launch/park and get some photos where it's not filthy! :)

And I beleive Inferno Red is the best color! (just like I beleive all the other colors are the BEST color on the 300C!) and without further ado, I bring to you.. My STOCK red head!

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
You might guess that I couldn't agree with you more! But man... those are huge pictures... you should try reducing them to 800x600 pixels for most viewers.

another couple suggestions... get some Stealth Auto turn bulbs and side markers to eliminate the egg yolk color both front and rear and side.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Tim,

Yeah they did come through bigger than I expected.. Usually photobucket scaled them down. I will have to go back and resize em. BRB! :)

Ok they are resized to a more appropriate set of dimensions for the forum :) Sorry about that!

Yep Silverstar or Steath turns are on the list as are 6K HID's with HIR Highbeams, AAC 6K Halo's, Stainless B Pillar's, a grille (not 100% decided, probably a chrome Grip with the Chrysler trunk wings and polished stainless mesh) then I will get into exhaust, headders, programmer etc..

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
That's better, but they still show as 1023x768... still going to be tough for folks with dial-up and less than 1280x1024 desktop size.

Eventually, I'm going to put mesh behind the H.E.s all chrome-clad grill. I'd like to get halos, but they'll go on the Magnum first.

You could'should also consider the SRT-type rear deck spoiler... for appearances only of couse, although I do hear that at speed it does have a down-pressure effect of some percentage.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
ride looks good! The red definitely looks better in person...

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tim,

This is the 90's man! Who has Dialup???? (Besides me?) :)

The SRT trunk spoiler is most likely going on as well.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Inferno Red is a great color, but my favorite car color isn't a Chrysler color - I had "Merlot Red Metallic" on my old car, and when I go for a repaint I think I might ask for that color...it's dark red in the shade, and under direct lighting it's RED and the metallic element accents curves and hard lines very nicely.
More power to the pearlcoats though.
Red it definitley the be best color for 300s though. Props.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh yeah without a doubt:biggrin::biggrin:

Here's my baby. On the first day I had a complete stranger came up to me and said what a great colour the car was.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris,

Sharp ride! I swear I would get one of those ebay grills if they would make it with the right Chrysler wings (I'm sure they don't want to get sued by Chryco) or if they offered it with no logo, I could at least add the trunk wings.

The grill looks great!

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Those are some very nice pics. I love the color, but I may be a little biased, ha ha!. It's hard to keep Inferno Red looking clean, especially after driving it in the rain, but when it's clean it sure does look great!

As for the size of the photos, I appreciate the larger size. They fit my screen perfectly. I think the majority of members here have high-speed internet. Dial-up is dead. Long live broadband.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
All I see for Chris'

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Not trying to hijack, but I can tell you my experience is that it is difficult to keep looking clean. Generally, it looks clean until the first time it's driven in the rain. I always try to time washing my car with a weather forecast that has no rain for at least a week ;-) It sure looks sharp when it's clean though, and I'm getting used to going through the touchless wash more often.

Red is looking real good all shiny and bright. How is it to keep clean?

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I am in the yep it's a PITA camp..

I think Chrysler tweaked this color slighty over the years, my 01 Stratus was also Inferno Red Peal and did not seem to show the dirt as bad :)

The last car:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts